RR Day @ Stealth 1st March 2015 now with added show and shine ;)

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great day out and even better meeting a few more members! And really chuffed to win this! Really made all the hard work seem worth it! Feel quite proud that I've taken a rough old £340 VR that was be

Hi guys, I'm bluemotions other half (and mechanic!) and while I haven't been on this forum or owned a vr for a long time. I've been in the vw scene for about 16 years. Over the last few years I've se

Right Guys and Gals...... We need to organise a rolling road day early on in 2015. After trawling the posts it seems the best place for this is at Stealth's. It seems that there has been numerous thre

Posted Images

Hi guys,

I'm bluemotions other half (and mechanic!) and while I haven't been on this forum or owned a vr for a long time. I've been in the vw scene for about 16 years. Over the last few years I've seen it get over populated by dumb kids who think dangerous mods to their car is fine because it looks 'dope', or elitist cliques who won't give you the time of day if you've spent less than 15k on your motor.

I was a little apprehensive about coming along as I didn't really know anyone who was going.

I can't tell you how pleasing it was to go to a meet where you can walk up to anyone and start up a friendly conversation. It felt very much like old times again, times I thought had long gone.

So thanks to those who organised it and well done you lot on being a throughly decent bunch of people :-)

Were you the couple from Glastonbury? If so really nice chatting to you both. If not ignore this :)

Can't believe you beat my lowest bhp figure either :D

Thanks to the organisers of the RR day it was a very enjoyable event. I was very pleased to see my standard/ no mods Corrado run a 197.2bhp! not bad for a 20yr old motor. Would love to do this again at some point when I have my new exhaust, air filter fitted after a remap!!!

Nice chatting to you too Dazza and that's a very healthy result there mate :)

I do remember speaking to you your car did well too bud

With mine It's ok to say Its completely bodged lol and using the wrong ecu

You still was high enough to scoop the highest N/A BHP of the day @ 224bhp if I am correct. If so, PM mike to arrange posting out your trophy as you had left by the time we did the presentations

Big thanks to all the organisers for putting together a really excellent day of vr6-RR action, as a newcomer to the VR6OC I can honestly say i haven't met a better bunch at an event such as this. I spoke to loads of different people all with great attitudes, so real credit to Pete and the guys for bringing everyone together.

Also cheers to Jay for filming and posting this up,

Nah, the cheating was the race fuel!

STEWARDS ENQUIRY PLEASE!!! Lmao

Inthink I used bit too much meth as day after I filled up and car now flies lol feels like 225 lol

It's a standard engine

I'm sorry I had to leave early we needed some bits at home

And thanks again for a good day

I was lucky no r32 motors came lol

Edited by Mk3highline

Big thanks to all the organisers for putting together a really excellent day of vr6-RR action, as a newcomer to the VR6OC I can honestly say i haven't met a better bunch at an event such as this. I spoke to loads of different people all with great attitudes, so real credit to Pete and the guys for bringing everyone together.

I'd like to echo what Matt says here, again as a newbie. really good crowd and some fantastic cars there on Sunday. Roll on the next one ;)

Who ever got lowest BHP of the day, do not worry, my Fiesta has a tiny 82 Hp.

tell the truth you want take the great, shiny trophy for the lowest bhp away from me. no way ;-P

tbh i own my rado less than 5 months and it's less then 3 months on the road so still finding out things to sort out and  after sunday i know a badly remapped ecu is one of them ;-)

If you drop Mike a PM he can get it popped off in the post to you :)

a blondi question: which mike you mean?

Edited by bluemotion

Who ever got lowest BHP of the day, do not worry, my Fiesta has a tiny 82 Hp.

Kieran,

I seen the look of glee on your face mate as these beasty VR's hit the rollers and stamped on the gas. lol.

Surely its time to part with some cash and buy yourself a beast.

You will have the summer months then to get all the bits sorted and look for some insurance.

Its time to buy. :P  

Were you the couple from Glastonbury? If so really nice chatting to you both. If not ignore this :)

yep that's us :-)  have to warn you when you're surfing through our fb pictures it's a lot of taekwon-do (korean self defence martial art) stuff mixed with cars.

Can't believe you beat my lowest bhp figure either :D

what was your figures? well i guess i have to start somewhere with winning trophies :lol:

yep that's us :-) have to warn you when you're surfing through our fb pictures it's a lot of taekwon-do (korean self defence martial art) stuff mixed with cars.

what was your figures? well i guess i have to start somewhere with winning trophies :lol:

Yeah saw that - I know not to mess with you two now :D

186 :( Got an inlet manifold temp sender fault. Vince said get that sorted and it should improve it

Kieran,

I seen the look of glee on your face mate as these beasty VR's hit the rollers and stamped on the gas. lol.

Surely its time to part with some cash and buy yourself a beast.

You will have the summer months then to get all the bits sorted and look for some insurance.

Its time to buy. :P  

I'm looking, I'm really careful with my money and extremely picky. It's a waiting game at the moment, the right one will pop up soon hopefully.

Yeah saw that - I know not to mess with you two now :D

186 :( Got an inlet manifold temp sender fault. Vince said get that sorted and it should improve it

186 is still 8.3 more then mine ;-) at least sorting out the inlet manifold temp sender fault doesn't cost the earth and you will gain easily more power and better idle.

I will drag rado to Vince at one point of this year (definately before the may ring trip!) to sort out the ecu fault, but currently waiting for Dave to put his mk2 together and then we can make a mini convoy to stealth coze he wants remapped his beast :P

Edited by bluemotion