scanner tools > good cheap one

• 2 weeks later...

With these things you do get what you pay for with features/ functions etc..

Personally I have a WiFi (OBD 2) dongle bought off eBay connected to the "Dash Command" iPhone app (available on iPhone and iPad.)

(You can also purchase Bluetooth dongles if you have an Android phone/ tablet.)

It works perfectly well to check read and clear most DTC's (but it won't do everything.)

You can also buy a version of the VAGCOM/ VCDS cable on eBay and use the free VCDS Lite software.

I personally don't have this so can't tell you how good it is plus you have to plug it into a laptop/ computer.

HTH.

Edited by CCCR96

I bought a vag com scanner for £18 of eBay. Just plugs into OBD, has book of DTC's/trouble codes which tell you meanings and can erase them as well on engine, SRS/airbag, ABS and transmission. It's about he size of a average mobile phone with a lead of it.

I bought a vag com scanner for £18 of eBay. Just plugs into OBD, has book of DTC's/trouble codes which tell you meanings and can erase them as well on engine, SRS/airbag, ABS and transmission. It's about he size of a average mobile phone with a lead of it.

Have you got a link for the one you bought mate?

http://www.lightinthebox.com/vag-scanner-vag305-code-reader-for-vw-audi_p310501.html?currency=GBP&litb_from=paid_adwords_shopping&gclid=CKWWpOKVv8ICFW3MtAodBTAACg

Couldn't find it anywhere but done some digging. Found this one on another site, looks same as mine but not sure if it comes with the booklet of codes, says it comes with cd though...

Hope that's helpful