Want to find some MK 4 headlights for my mk3, any1 who has bought some could they please help me by telling me

1) were they mk4 'look' headlamps in the mk3 shell, or do original mk4's fit with a little work ??

2) How much they cost

3)Wheres the best place to buy them from ??

Many thanks

Bennett

They look real good compared with the standard hella's. They do steam up as most people will tell you. This is easily fixed though with some Silicon sealer around the glass/plastic join and the plastic panel at the back that you remove to replace filaments. Some peeps put silica gel in there too...

i will have some up for grabs soon enough, about 6 months old, from C&R. im changing the way i want my front end to look, thinking angel eyes. they do get condensation, but i never thaught about filling the seals. derr. probs about £90 with all lamps etc... perfect condition.

• 3 months later...
i will have some up for grabs soon enough' date=' about 6 months old, from C&R. im changing the way i want my front end to look, thinking angel eyes. they do get condensation, but i never thaught about filling the seals. derr. probs about £90 with all lamps etc... perfect condition.[/quote']

Mite be interested....let me know when you want to get rid of them?

I have Hella ones in mine and the drivers side one steams up again every now and again but it doesnt cause any probs.

The only problem with hella is they only make them in LHD version I just about managed to get mine through a MOT with them on

when ever you buy aftermarket lighting products always go round the joint of the glass and back plastic with clear silicone to give it the double protection, never had a problem with my crystals fronts ever since i did that. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I once saw a pair of mk4 headlights on a mk3 but the back 'walls' of the headlamps had been blacked out so the silver lamps stood out even more...

Anybody know anything about these or maybe the guy did it himself ?!

you can buy the black aswel the zilver in a store,ore you can do it yourself's but that's a big job. B)

Michelvr6 wrote: ...

"you can buy the black aswel the zilver in a store,ore you can do it yourself's but that's a big job. "

Thanks Michel, any ideas where i can buy them or where would be a good place to search? i'm also after black fog lenses for the front aswell ?!