Badly dented sill

I have a rather badly dented sill on the drivers side of my mk4 from a previous owners collision, there doesn't seem to be any serious rust, but there is a small stab at the front of the sill and a couple mangled up looking bits, i think it looks worse than it is (hopefully) a lot of it is chewed up under seal.

366e818c74f3c2d419a6450bda434595.jpg

c046ad5a15d657df18fc550da23455dd.jpg

457086b903e6b45ec54110b51f6d568a.jpg

How serious does this look? Will it pass a VIC test, and whats the best way to repair it?

It will never fail a VIC test. VIC test is a "Vehicle Identity Check" to make sure the cars been repaired and not rung or stolen parts used.

I took a Peugeot 308 (2013 model) for one last week and it still had bad rear quarter damage. All I replaced was the rear number. It was in and out in 10 minutes.

no.

The MOT is going to check for integrity, not dints, I would think 98% of cars would fail if it was cosmetic too, they should, then we wouldnt have to either park miles away in the corner of car parks or sneak into the toddler spaces with masses of space around them when no ones walking by.

Edited by Lukey.

is that predictive version of peasant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you trying to say lads. Hahahahahah.

I can differ between the two.

VIC check is a must. Needs doing especially if your the new owner because they won't issue the V5 without it.

An MOT is a must too but tends to sit in my draw unnoticed for long periods of time. Hence no MOT. Hahahahah.

Slightly off topic but that's what peasants do!!!!!!! Haha

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again thanks for the replys, had a bit of trouble accessing tapatalk forums but I'm back,

It passed the vic, I really shouldn't have been worried about it, the only issue was that the tester came into the waiting room holding up a razor blade, I was a bit concerned until he asked me to go and remove the tint on my front windows!

Tbh I didn't even think about it, the tint was installed by the previous owner, but I didn't hesitate to pull it off taking care to leave minimal residue, unlike the tester who ripped the other side off, leaving pretty much the whole window covered! If I wound the windows down there was little chance of them coming back up, the next day I spent 3 hours dismantling the the doors to thoroughly clean them (paint stripper and a fresh razor blade were the most effective I found, just make sure you don't get any near your car paint!)

The cars on the road now fully re-egistered, taxed and insured with mot until March.

Though it's running servery lumpy a lot of the time, but then it would seem to cough up whatever it was choking on and shift as it normally would (like shit off a shovel) and then back to choking, I'm not sure if it's the fuel, oil, airflow or something to do with the 4motion,

gonna give it a good service before doing anything drastic though

Any suggestions?

Edited by naito

As far as I'm away the mk4 suffer with coil packs, coolant temperature sensors, throttle bodies (some just need cleaning and resetting using diagnostic software, make sure no DTC's present and engine is up to temperature) and vacuum lines blocking... That's all I can think of at the mo....

• 4 weeks later...

I'm definitely thinking it's coil pack related, and there's definitely some sensors playing up possibly abs as it seems to pull a little to the side sometimes, but then it stops doing it which means it's gotta electrical and not mechanical, gonna try running a diagnostic on it later hopefully

Ahh definitely worth a look, I did find out something interesting tho, my all wheel drive is now 2 wheel drive, I think the edl and or the clutch is to blame, the lumpy issue I had has no gone but left me with fwd , I was basically dragging the rear wheels along forcing the rear different to operate, it also caused my esp problem

Lots to do

Edited by naito