Hello from essex UK :) new member , first vr6 build

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is how my baby looks right now just needs to dry so I can put bits back on :D And of course clean her

Update Now polished up and ready to be picked up Saturday

Wants to go a bit lower now kelly!

Posted Images

I want hella quads on mine :D just haven't got them yet but I guess I'll have to take off the mattig trim/bra ? (Whatever it's actual name is) and I'm thinking some nice 8/8.5" spilt rims got some in mind but not saying what make till I know the guy will sell them to me :)

Edited by redvr6_girl
  • 2 months later...

Soooooo after doing some digging , (getting free time to) jay found out why I have a "second lamba" , turns out I have a wideband gauge" ??fitted , everything's there's except the digital guage itself , is there a way of getting hold of the gauge itself ? Without needing to purchase a complete kit ? :D Tia :D

Soooooo after doing some digging , (getting free time to) jay found out why I have a "second lamba" , turns out I have a wideband gauge" ??fitted , everything's there's except the digital guage itself , is there a way of getting hold of the gauge itself ? Without needing to purchase a complete kit ? :D Tia :D

Look on Ebay, there is a company that does decent Gauges (seperate) without buying the 'FULL' kit.

Cannot remember the name of company, If I get a sec I will double check for you.

Nice little thread going on here, P on a 96, Mines was an N on a 96.

Keep on top of that Red with Polishes and Wax, as for some reason all reds turn to get dull.

You need some RED VAG HT Leads now!!!! 

;)

Look on Ebay, there is a company that does decent Gauges (seperate) without buying the 'FULL' kit.

Cannot remember the name of company, If I get a sec I will double check for you.

Nice little thread going on here, P on a 96, Mines was an N on a 96.

Keep on top of that Red with Polishes and Wax, as for some reason all reds turn to get dull.

You need some RED VAG HT Leads now!!!!

;)

Thank you :) and yes I plan to get some red ht leads as I plan to turbo it eventually and want I want to get a msd conversion on her so will need to uprated leads anyway :)

Will be fine for now tho :)

Just spent £700 on her this last two weeks , ap coil overs , powerflex top lounge all round , new tyres and new drop links :)

Edited by redvr6_girl
  • 3 weeks later...

No more water leak for my girl :) :) new red hoses (kindly donated from other halfs VR ) - not quite the blue I wanted but I'm thinking I'll just stick with red as I want red ht leads :D and a new cap / header from bennyk :D

Thank you guys :)3ece3d48f26bb161a6b3e8df39f13a41.jpg

Then i proceed to steal jays red dip stick , his black power steering cap and black cap on header :) :)

80e29b4ae9d4b28798345128d4006b93.jpg

cf64f0b96662b092c4830c61e0adc593.jpg

d821098b8f7aecc4d95800958bcab5c9.jpg

And after a nice messy day

• 3 weeks later...

After that she wasn't quite finished with her tantrum and gave me yet another water leak

New crack pipe and thermo housing and she good :D

while we there fitting new crackle black inlet (yes new gaskets all round) then a full bay degrease and clean and engine cover being sprayed to suit

Edited by redvr6_girl

bbbbcf8ae7b2e3ef63d54928ce82069b.jpg9fc861f276c9c9191c8b25bff059cae4.jpg

After a rather depressive emergency repair weekend I decided to get myself (her) some treats in the hopes she'll be nice to me after this and not give me any nasty surprises again ....

I fitted my private plate and Got us some nice keskins kt4 7.5j front 9j rear and some red anniversary ? Seat belts :) :)

Edited by redvr6_girl

ooopppss love the suspension :)

Yea oops indeed , we had just finished up working on his car , got all nice and clean and on our way to go have our Sunday roast and she had a fit , lol

She had been running rough all along and two different garages said "old car love it will" ......