Hello from essex UK :) new member , first vr6 build

Hey

Newbie vr6 owner here :) this is my first vr6 it's a 96

Got a project on my hands tho it doesn't need much now as had full service , new fuel and filter change , new plastic connector (that connects near tower and to cables- it's exact name eludes me atm) for gears and cables , had a abs problem which is sorted now , new battery as it sat for a while before I bought it has had water leak fixed and new rocker cover gasket

It's also now mot'd and road legal as it stands but I'm not driving it till after the respray

It came with tons of parts , it's on bbs 16s has been lowered on springs (not sure of make at present ) has 20mm spacers on wheels and uprated brakes fitted , sparco steering wheel , neuspeed filter and a miltek stealth cat back system (single oval tailpipe rather than the common twin jet)

Needing another new battery as CD player wired into a constant live ? And keeps draining battery (Why anyone would do that I don't know ) , that and over sensitive alarm

/immobilisor , sorting out of a few spare bits here and there a paint job and a general tidy up

New crackle black inlet to be fitted aswell

Eventually plan to turbo it Give it a nice fat rear end with some 8.5 banded steels and some camber :D

but for now a nice respray, maybe some carbon wraped bits OR flocked bits (on outside) not sure yet , going to retrim it all and do the head liner , lower it some more - more than likey coil overs instead of springs , fit the r32 sump and pick up , new splitter to go on

Also I have mechanical knowledge but of motorbikes (level 2&3 citi and guilds) but not too clued up when it comes to cars apart from servicing and replacing , tyre changing and brakes :/

What you think ? Be nice its my baby :)

474396c4ee014df33940ff1896c876cc.jpg

59d26ca14adcc254bca0034f4814c611.jpg

6521281e634ba1b585c2bab9e2add9cb.jpg

0e72abfee1ffe557e67eed1bb5932b4f.jpg

450144bd40cac1b724def7e4ad4292f0.jpg

59683fccd33d32789a61d08a7e316c33.jpg

3831958632855d126a3176debf0f4086.jpg

Edited by Kelly
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is how my baby looks right now just needs to dry so I can put bits back on :D And of course clean her

Update Now polished up and ready to be picked up Saturday

Wants to go a bit lower now kelly!

Posted Images

Welcome to the club Kelly.

I've always been a fan of the red VR's and it's looking like you've bought a nice one.

It certainly sits well on them springs.

Take a look around mate. There's a wealth of knowledge here and some quality modded examples and experienced members.

And if you need any info or help just ask. There's always a friendly member to assist. :-)

Thank you :)

I'm obsessed with red so made sense to have a red one (the respray will be red also)

And thank you :)

Is there a way I can find out the make of the springs ? I haven't had a good look at them as of yet but will they have markings ?

I will do :) I really want to get to know this car inside out and everyday possible :)

And thank you :)

Welcome to the vr6 word..i am I esex to. I actually looked at that vr a while ago. You get it for a good price?

Did you ring up about it ? As he said he had a guy also from Essex wanting it , but yeah I got it For an am extremely good price :D and he even delivered it for us :)

Was only online 24hours when he agreed to sell it to me tho he did leave the listing active for a while after he delivered it to us ? Strange

Edited by Kelly

@bennky thank you , and yeah it was on eBay about 2 months ago , I snapped it up and got to work on it , it's beautiful sounds lovely and as from my description it's has a lot of after market parts on it which we were super chuffed with :)

Also I'm in the joyful happy place that is Braintree lol

Edited by Kelly

Yes mate.

Give them a good wipe and they should say it on them somewhere.

Your VR will grow on you every day mate. I never get bored of mine especially that grunt she makes when I put my foot down. Haha.

Thank you I'll do that at the weekend :) and it's does I love it :)

I'm already addicted to the sound tho I haven't taken it out and given it some but when I have driven it it responded quite quickly which I liked , the power was "just there" :D

Edited by Kelly

There's a few :) there's a green one down the road from me and a candy apple red one in halstead :)

Other half works in dunmow and he was looking at getting a corrado what they like ?

He's unsure if to go back to German or stick with his jap ?

I reckon that green one could be Bealieboy! He's from the braintree area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club nice looking car I'm wanting to go turbo myself. Does your other half have a red type r by any chance think I was talking to him on Ccuk the other day. And as said above there is a blue corrado on here for 800 for sale

Thank you :)

And yes he does well did :( small world , tho the type r is no more :( some one ran us off the road on Sunday :/

They have tried doing it to a few others aswell it's their new "game)

5fa976b58b1db91fd7e104e58761eda2.jpg

And okies I'll keep a look out tho I think he wants a white one if he goes for one (fussy sod) lol

Maybe ? (Tho I don't know him ) it's a dark green with a red trim on the front grill? Tho I think is a mark 2 ?

Im in a dragon pearl mk3 golf vr. You're not Masefield rd skitts hill area are you?

Welcome to the club Kelly, I'll keeps eyes peeled when I'm out and about!

Edited by Bealieboy

Im in a dragon pearl mk3 golf vr. You're not Masefield rd skitts hill area are you?

You off godlings way ? And no I used to be (long time ago before my vr6) but now I'm london road side ?

And thank you tho it's not on the road atm as waiting for respray , then I'll be out :D

Edited by Kelly

Yeah ive seen you parked up when I drive past on a weds

and we are unsure as of yet , and it was my other half who was driving a by their "new thing" is they have had a good go at two of my friends in very similar ways tho the three in the car fit the same description they were in a different car , it's as if they doing t for a bit of fun

Yeah ive seen you parked up when I drive past on a weds

and we are unsure as of yet , and it was my other half who was driving a by their "new thing" is they have had a good go at two of my friends in very similar ways tho the three in the car fit the same description they were in a different car , it's as if they doing t for a bit of fun

Bloody idiots!!! There's plenty in btree! Hope your golf is painted soon, then there will be an extra car in Bennyk and my event convoy!