Car occasionally starts but need advice.

Bonjour all,

For the past few weks now my 97 VR6 has been playing up. It turns over fine but sometimes it doesnt start.

When it did eventually start it ran fine so i tried taking the crank sensor out and giving it a bit of a clean and put it back in with the hope it might fix the starting issue.

Now i still have the same propblem but when it does start it doesn't idle until the car has warmed up and I have to keep the pedal down or else the revs just drop until it dies. It also sounds like it is misfiring at low revs but is fine over about 1.5k.

Another thing i have noticed is that it sounds like it is popping from the exhaust more and i can smell fuel sometimes which leads me to think it might be running rich.

ANOTHER yes another thing is when I let of my accelarator the car keeps accelerating for about a second before the revs start to drop. If i drive with the revs at over 2k then put the clutch in then the car idles at around 2k unless I redline it and let off the acclerator then the revs drop to normal idle speed. I also get a large knock from the engine bay when i let of the accelerator more so in first gear, could this be because I've jacked the front end on the the engine mount?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks