[moved] Supercharger Drivability!!

What are the characteristics like after supercharging? Does it loose any of the smooth delivery and what kinda fuel consumption am i looking at on a sensible motorway trip? I use my VR6 daily and am 99.9% made up on the supercharger route.

Power is v. similar to standard up to 3k then it builds strongly towards the redline. The delivery is the v smooth like standard if it's set up properly (with the maf upstream of the charger). Mpg is not too bad and 30 is achievable on motorway journeys.

Shail, the group buy thread on the ~280BHP C2 Motorsport Supercharger kit (direct from the US) is still active. They're just looking into a way around the VAT at the moment and if they're successful this will be great value for money. The group buy price they're offering is $3599 (about

Provided that NS Racing can honour their warranty in the event of any problems, then sourcing from them is indeed the better bet.

The VF-E kit is safer for fitting to a stock engine too.

The price is for the parts only, but it is a complete kit designed for DIY fit and has everything you need. There's no need to interfere with the engine, i.e. head does not have to come off etc.

Oil feed just uses a screw-in adapter for the oil pressure switch hole and the oil return taps into the sump. Belt mounting replaces the stock belt tensioner and the rest of the work just involves installing the intake tract. Fitting the included chip is straightforward if you have an ECU with a plug-in EEPROM, if you have a soldered EEPROM it is a professional job.

I'm sure Vince could do us a good rate on fitting if there were a few of us. It might be worth you giving him a call.