corrado vr6 (vrt in progress)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thanks for the comments and yes pete been meaning to do an update for a while but never ended up getting round to it due to one thing or another!    got the downpipe finished off over christmas and mo

right been a while but started doing stuff on this again basically came to a standstill due to doing things on the new house,doing some work on my mk2 now that i have a garage and also making the mist

Cheers chaps just moved in to a new house so things could get even slower as will be pretty busy with that but saying that new house has a garage and the girlfriend says she wants me to get the first

Posted Images

So I was being paranoid as there is no more steam also put the alternator wiring the right way curing the battery light  so booked the car in for its mot next Friday 

upon going over the car checking everything before its mot I noticed a bleb in one of the front brake flexis so thought I may as well stick the brembos on but the Leon's brake flexi is a different fitting to the corrados, was thinking of just getting a good ridge hose set but the front set up on the Leon appears to be female at both ends compared to the corrados one of both male and female anyone know do I need custom hoses or am I being a bit thick! 

Well goodridge hoses are on order but not sure if there gonna turn up in time so may have to fit rubber ones for the mot then fit the goodridge ones when the car is stripped down when all the fresh underside stuff goes on

IMG_1471982169.163207.jpg.462d9408cb10c5
Pic of the brakes

Current engine bay pic
IMG_1471982230.179088.jpg.b90be0c8dcfb06

Also made a gauge pod to sit in the chubby hole out of mdf is now sprayed black
IMG_1471982343.412416.jpg.e55c5d7c296b31

IMG_1471982360.495919.jpg.eec6677a96454b

passed its mot 

felt good driving it on the roads again although I'm now itching to get it mapped as driving it off boost is no fun!

Think the bits for the exhaust turned up today not had chance to open them yet but if they are all there I know what I'm doing this bank holiday! 

• 2 months later...

Well bit happened since last post made the exhaust IMG_1477764043.957570.jpg.03beffbb0ce6fcIMG_1477764065.256290.jpg.1620baf7cd608cIMG_1477764085.690509.jpg.9e027a0d169da8IMG_1477764101.889808.jpg.8a0bc3eb7812de
It's just got a bit of straight 3" tube slash cut with a hacksaw for now as a tail pipe until I find a design I like

I then rang stealth to book it in for its mapping turns out due to the type of ecu and maf my car runs i can't run a bigger maf so will see a max bhp of 350/360 ish but I'm going to do this for now and maybe go obd2/ standalone in the future

They also informed my that with the spacer i had installed I would only see about 280 bhp so yeah some swearing and then a headgasket/ spacer swap later and I'm running again but now with. 8.5.1 compression

So yeah car is now just about ready for mapping been running round in it a bit and ironing any niggles out before I head down to them also made some pipe work for the turbo to intercooler as looked a mess with loads of bits of silicone

IMG_1477765079.974840.jpg.56571df085d127IMG_1477765093.557328.jpg.22b651289849a3IMG_1477765103.156553.jpg.5b773279d9dd16

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah fella so loud I've bought another silencer to fit in where the cat was, I must be getting old!

Also had the car down at stealth last week it made 375 bhp on the rollers but it couldn't be mapped as some bits need sorting mainly the maf needs moving further away from the turbo plus some other bits and bobs its booked back in again next month

Only thing now is since I've got it home it's developed a problem on the journey back from stealth it felt like it was hesitating/misfiring a bit but it cleared up and was running fine when I put the car away came to start it a few days later and it struggles to start then runs mega rich like black smoke out of the back rich! And runs like rubbish

I've replaced the lambda as vince suggested to get a new one of them anyway I have also fitted new leads plugs and a coil pack but it's still bloody doing it! Seems to run better with the maf unplugged but still stinks of fuel, I'm leaning towards it being the maf but anyone have any suggestions before I spend the small fortune it costs to get a new one

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah fella so loud I've bought another silencer to fit in where the cat was, I must be getting old!

Also had the car down at stealth last week it made 375 bhp on the rollers but it couldn't be mapped as some bits need sorting mainly the maf needs moving further away from the turbo plus some other bits and bobs its booked back in again next month

Only thing now is since I've got it home it's developed a problem on the journey back from stealth it felt like it was hesitating/misfiring a bit but it cleared up and was running fine when I put the car away came to start it a few days later and it struggles to start then runs mega rich like black smoke out of the back rich! And runs like rubbish

I've replaced the lambda as vince suggested to get a new one of them anyway I have also fitted new leads plugs and a coil pack but it's still bloody doing it! Seems to run better with the maf unplugged but still stinks of fuel, I'm leaning towards it being the maf but anyone have any suggestions before I spend the small fortune it costs to get a new one

Yeah I saw and commented on stealths facebook post of your Raddo on the rollers. Was going to suggest it was ignition break down but you've changed the coil pack. So what's the plan now? Wait till summer and have some fun or will you run the car through the winter? What boost you running?

Did you find out what was the problem afterwards?

Yes and no fitted a new used maf also new inlet temp sensor whilst it was in bits was running fine set of down to stealth on the thurs had to swap to the old leads as started misfiring badly

Stealth fitted some new decent leads car ran better but missing under heavy load turned out the new coil pack was a dud as ran fine with the old one fitted!

So yeah avoid haas coil packs from ecp car ran fine after that all day no codes for anything and drive home was great came to start it few days later and was running lumpy again but cleared after a few blips of the throttle an was fine on a run out so yeah stumped on that one!
Yeah I saw and commented on stealths facebook post of your Raddo on the rollers. Was going to suggest it was ignition break down but you've changed the coil pack. So what's the plan now? Wait till summer and have some fun or will you run the car through the winter? What boost you running?

I did wonder if that was you who commented

And plan is to use it for a bit iron out any problems that may occur then pull it all apart again to get it painted and fit all the powder coated/ new running gear that I have

And running 1 bar of boost just using the wastegate no controller fitted

I did wonder if that was you who commented

And plan is to use it for a bit iron out any problems that may occur then pull it all apart again to get it painted and fit all the powder coated/ new running gear that I have

And running 1 bar of boost just using the wastegate no controller fitted

Sounds good. Totally choking to get back to mine. Will happen soon.....