Hi All,

New to the forum and to the dub scene to be honest  :D so please forgive me if i don't get all the technical things in my explanation right!!

Ok so my car is a MK4 12v VR6 with around 214 000 KMs.  I just got it boosted with a stage 1 CTS turbo kit @ 210 000 KMs.  Prior to installing the kit, I got a CPS error code and overheating issues which were all fixed when I replaced the Lifters (with new) & Fan Control Module, then after this CEL was off and I was able to pass emission test (Ontario OBDII test).  

After the Turbo Install if driven in traffic, after a little while the engine tends to overheat (temp gauge rises past middle).  Also, I'm getting the following error codes (descriptions are shortened & not full description):

P1143 - Load calculation signal too high

P1128 - Long term fuel trim B1 too lean

P1136 - Lean fuel

P1340 - Crank/Cam sensor

P0134 - O2 Sensor circuit No activity detected (bank 1 sensor 1)

P0140 - O2 Sensor circuit No activity detected (bank 1 sensor 2)

Boost currently @ 5 PSI with Precision Tuning 39mm External Wastegate (the 5 PSI is what the installer had told me, haven't really checked yet)

The ECU was 'apparently' tuned by C2 motorsports and according to them, re-installation of the tuned ECU should show no error codes.  At least, no new ones that arise as a result of the Turbo install because their #36 tune is designed for the #36 injectors(installed) and the 3" air intake.  I was just wondering if this is expected because it seems like all the issues that arise as a result of FI to the VR like fuel mixture lean, O2, etc seem to be coming up here.  After i spoke with C2 they said to get it scanned and delete codes with VAG-COM then if it re-appears to contact them back.  

Also, as far as the overheating is this more likely because the FI is not intercooled?

<<EDIT>>  I think this might be due to the heater core as well as i can smell coolant inside the cabin and there is light smoke/dust coming from the vents inside  :huh:

so i will try and get that fixed to see if it stops that problem.

Sorry if i missed anything or if anyone would like more info please post & I will add.

<<EDIT>>  On cold or fresh (morning after) starts the car will idle rough (revs up to 500 then drops back down intermittently)

Thanks a lot in advance,

Shabari

Edited by 12vVRT

@michael 5556

thanks for the welcome.  

No I do not.  I believe it is still using the stock O2 sensors.  Is this usually recommended for these set ups?  I thought the tuning of the ECU would take care of the A/F ratio.  Another thing i forgot to mention is that on fresh/cold starts the car starts and idles rough (revving high and back low intermittently).  Would i be right in assuming this would probably be a result of the A/F reading rich.

Thanks

@poriordian  Thanks for the info,

Ill look into a Wideband O2 Sensor for my set up, any suggestions guys?

To be honest i cant remember if the MAF housing from the kit was 3" or 4" i have to double check but i asked a friend and he said that most of the time its the bloody MAF or MAF housing that causes those codes to come up.  Ill re-check and get back to you guys.

Thanks

Just saw this on VWVortex not sure if this will help.  I am going to try this as well because somewhere along the post there a guy from C2 Motorsports says to remove O2 sensor.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1755023

But do i unplug the actual sensor or the leads? <_<  i feel if i unplug the sensor id get a whole wack of exhaust smells inside the cabin.

I meat an aftermarket wideband so you can see if it's running rich or lean. Innovate or aem etc do goods ones. I would recommend one for your own piece of mind. You don't want to be running it lean at all for obvious reasons.

As above like @United Motorsports said, contact your software supplier (c2) in your case and see what they recommend.

I'm assuming you've bought a second hand kit or car with it already installed?

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the help so far :)

@Poriordian, UnitedMotorsport, michael5556

I had this car stock and had all this done a few months ago.  I had contacted C2 and they said that removing the ECU would not be beneficial to most MK4s!!  Either way i had the codes read again at a shop and the codes that popped up are:

P1143 - Load calculation signal too high

P1128 - Long term fuel trim B1 too lean

P1136 - Lean fuel

P0140 - O2 Sensor circuit No activity detected (bank 1 sensor 2)

So im glad the crank sensor one didn't reappear.  But regardless im getting it looked at by a local euro shop that specializes in VWs so whenever i find out ill let you guys know.  Getting in touch with C2 was not really helpful and they keep telling me that i have mechanical issues (suggesting that its not related to the tune) even when i inform them that these codes had NEVER come up prior to the tune!!  Ill go back to them with the updated codes which seem like they are fixating on the A/F which relates to the tune, and get back to this thread with their response.  

Thanks

No didn't ask, will make a point to next time i speak with them.  But now they want a picture of the set up.  And for the MAF the kit came with one.  The kit was the CTS turbo complete so this kit comes with the c2 tune which is apparently tailor made for the specs.  Ill keep you guys posted on what they say after the pics.  Who knows maybe the installers decided to pocket the actual kit MAF housing or other stuff and slapped in a crappy counter-part  <_<