Where to go to get my turbo setup fitted?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Latest update she's back on the road. WOOHOO!!

Just thought I would share a pic of my brakes being fitted...

I'll just leave this here

So guys in the next few days I need to fill up the coolant system. I've got a 5litre bottle of red anti freeze so how much of it do I use? Also what's the procedure do I need to start the engine and then pour it in or pour some in and then start the engine? Any help with this would be much appreciated.

So guys in the next few days I need to fill up the coolant system. I've got a 5litre bottle of red anti freeze so how much of it do I use? Also what's the procedure do I need to start the engine and then pour it in or pour some in and then start the engine? Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Is it concentrated or ready mixed?

If it's G12 you can 50/50 it mate. But use distilled water or even boil the water first and let it cool. Don't just use tap water. They reckon using tap water can take the goodness out of the anti-freeze. Mix it in a watering can. Don't suppose there's any perfect way to fill the system but I just fill it slowly until it meets the minimum maker on your bottle.

Then start the engine with no cap on and let her run till the thermostat opens and the fans kick in. Give the water pipes a squeeze now and then so too push any air locks through. Once the thermostat kicks in and your fans blow the level will drop so you can top her back up to max then pop the cap on.

Hi guys I need some help with the car. I got it to a stage where I was able to start the car over the weekend at first it would not start after trying for about an hour and it turned out to be a faulty MAF as when I unplugged it it started up. Now my issue is I turn the heaters on full and only get out cold air and after 5 minutes of having the heaters on the blower fuse blows. Any ideas what could be the cause of this? There is definitely not an air lock as all the coolant pipes are getting hot. Also when I first had it running the coolant level dropped when the thermostats opened up and I topped up the coolant. 

Congrats on the first start!

Not sure about the fuse blowing but did you have the heaters on full when you bled the system ,could have an air lock in the matrix..

Sometimes takes a few bleeds to get sorted when I do it.

Cheers Russ.

I did have the heaters on when we were bleeding the system.

So I drove the car down to an exhaust place round the corner and got them to put the exhaust on. Went to start the car back up afterwards and it sounded sweet, then went to pull off the ramp and it cut out and wouldn't start up again. Left it for 10mins and then it started again and as soon as I pulled off it cut out again and wouldn't start. Any ideas on what I should check guys? There is definitely fuel getting to the rail as when i pushed the clip on the side of the rail together fuel started gushing out. To me it feels like it's not not getting a spark but I have got brand new leads, coil pack and plugs. Could the coil pack be faulty. Could the plugs be the wrong ones, the ones I've put in were recommended by vince. Can't remember what they were off the top of my head will confirm later.

e65834083c15b179cbd50cf96ac55f88.jpg