Where to go to get my turbo setup fitted?

Need some help guys can anyone have a look at their car and tell me where this cable connects to. Its coming off the negative battery terminal there is a cable already attached which is connected to the chassis then there is this cable which is quite long but I can't seem to find where it is supposed to go.

IMG-20141206-WA0017_zps270b3f62.jpg

I think it bolts on the gearbox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Latest update she's back on the road. WOOHOO!!

Just thought I would share a pic of my brakes being fitted...

I'll just leave this here

Gearbox or Starter motor, on top of the gearbox there is a bolt with an extra thread coming out the head end. Its one of the top two bolts.

I was going to ask is that fuel line the PTFE stuff?  Does it fit onto standard connectors with jubliee clips or do you need special fittings?

Need to renew my stuff in the bay area and the last stuff i used lasted about 1yr before cracking etc so want something better, but not sure if PTFE fits straight on

Gearbox or Starter motor, on top of the gearbox there is a bolt with an extra thread coming out the head end. Its one of the top two bolts.

I was going to ask is that fuel line the PTFE stuff?  Does it fit onto standard connectors with jubliee clips or do you need special fittings?

Need to renew my stuff in the bay area and the last stuff i used lasted about 1yr before cracking etc so want something better, but not sure if PTFE fits straight on

Thanks I will have a look later.

The stuff I bought was the PTFE stuff with 8mm bore off torques.co.uk but I didn't use it. I wasn't 100% with the fitting of the fuel pressure regulator so I cut up the old lines for now and if it all works as its supposed to then I will run the new ptfe lines.

Great work so far,

I have the same short runner but have my throttle turned to the side so the cable bracket works as it should ,,

Have you mounted the bracket to the car body!!!.? .?

Yes I've got the bracket on the car body.

Would you mind sending a pic of how you have done it.

Thought it looked like that,,the engine will move a lot so the cable bracket has to be on the engine so it moves with it otherwise as the engine lifts it will pull on the cable..

Will post a pic of mine..

:huh:  Never thought of that. Thanks

Cheers mate. It's been a awesome experience for me so far. Just finished working on it for tonight. I did 6 hours on it, no stopping and skipped dinner lol.

Here's how I left her for tonight. I started getting some of the coolant hoses on. Boost pipes from the throttle body to the intercooler are done. Extended the brake servo pipe to the short runner.

dc6d1722f5ec929e1e1a63918dc6d8cd.jpg

Cheers Russ.

Spent 12 hrs on the car today but felt like I got hardly anything done! Doing up the downpipe bolts were a pain in the backside took me an hour just to do them. All the coolant hoses are fitted and i have started fitting the Greddy boost controller. Hopefully tomorrow the rest of my boost pipes and bits arrive then I can get them fitted tomorrow night.

35e30ac60214f9632e2d9da8194a4269.jpg

That's much better only that rubber bung should squeeze onto the bracket I think ,other than that it looks spot on..

Regarding the diverta valve I have mine in the boost pipe from turbo to intercooler but I think it can go either side..

I'll go with that one aswell. That rubber bung needs to drop back a step and sit tightly into the u-shape of he bracket. Then the little clip sit tightly up against the rubber to stop any movement.

We don't want that throttle sticking on 7000 revs whilst running your baby in do we. Haha.

Coming along nicely pal. :-)

Cheers guys il sort that out tomorrow.

One thing I don't like is as all the bits are being put back on it's starting to look messier and messier. Maybe one day il think about shaving the bay and relocating stuff.

I wouldn't worry about that for now pal. You can neaten things up once she's ready for the road. You've done a quality job mate.

I'd probably look at relocating the battery and washer bottle though. Doesn't seem a big job to put them in the boot.

I'm definitely going to relocate the battery as there is no room for it in the bay when the air filter is on. I was looking at relocating the wiper fluid bottle but could not find one small enough to put under the scuttle panel which is where I would have liked to put it.