Where to go to get my turbo setup fitted?

Haven't updated in a few days but I've basically just been putting the auxiliaries back on the engine. I wish I had got the alternator housing and belt tensioner powdercoated as they are letting the engine down a bit. Siemens Deka 630cc injectors are in and the fuel rail mounted. Not sure what I'm doing for a fuel pressure regulator yet will probably think about that when the engine is back in the bay.

Finally got my Clutch Masters FX400 delivered today after waiting 3 weeks for it...

20141128_084540_zpsfd3z40is.jpg

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Latest update she's back on the road. WOOHOO!!

Just thought I would share a pic of my brakes being fitted...

I'll just leave this here

Got to work with fitting the new clutch yesterday. Lightened flywheel mounted with new bolts as recommended and tightened to 60Nm plus a 1/4 turn.

20141128_192112_zpszey5sxfl.jpg

And then the clutch held in with the centering tool which was supplied with it. Can't wait to test this badboy out!

20141128_193042_zpsbb1hmvkl.jpg

Looking good mate. How you finding building an engine for your fit time?

Good question mate and the answer is I have absolutely loved every bit of it! I have learnt so much along the way and I now know how an engine actually runs. The worst bit is waiting anxiously for parts to arrive. I would do it all ever again any day though. Already thinking about my next project. I've got a A3 1.8t Quattro running around 280bhp so I want to take the engine out of that and possibly put it into my other mk3 or look for a mk1 golf as I absolutely love them.

Getting nearer and nearer to completion guys and getting more and more excited. Engine is pretty much ready to go back in just needed to change my alternator pulley but didn't have a socket big enough to take the nut off. Will be doing that tomorrow aswell as changing the engine mounts and then that's it get the engine back in the bay.

cbc104455fac639de2fd528c7781e725.jpg

Nice! Looking good mate.

My turbo does not sit as high up as yours. I was thinking of putting an elbow on the top of my turbo and having the boost pipe run across the rocker cover diagonally if there is enough room to do that while still being able to close the bonnet. If not then it will have to be a longer run around the left side of the engine I think.

Hopefully back to work on getting the engine back in the bay tonight. I did attempt to do it the other day but found a bracket near the rear engine mount which had 3 cable plugs on it and I could not figure out where it went and my mate who took it off was not around. I know now though after doing a search on google. Apart from that also got some more bits delivered today...

Oil catch can which I had powdercoated to match the rocker cover and short intake

20141202_164126_zpspuhd2bss.jpg

Sytec adjustable fuel pressure regulator. It would not have been required but as I replaced my OEM fuel rail with a billet one it does not support the OEM fuel pressure regulator so I went for a stand alone one

20141203_110059_zpsitaydqgp.jpg

Some fuel line 8mm internal bore for anyone that needs to know

20141203_112503_zpstq0t9ces.jpg

Got some cork gasket material as I will be making a gasket out of it for the downpipe. Got some spare aswell incase I need it anywhere else. If anyone thinks this would not be suitable for the downpipe please let me know.

20141203_112755_zpsjozamjtx.jpg

Engine is back in the bay now. Woohoo!

Took a bit of work and I am glad I had 2 extra pairs of hands helping me. I had to unbolt the turbo to make it easier as the engine was not level on the hoist. Driveshaft's are connected up. Back at it tonight to get it completed as soon as possible as I have booked myself in for a remap at Stealth on the 23rd December.

IMG-20141204-WA0044_zpsd9be00af.jpg

Oh yea I wrapped my downpipe also...

20141204_224830_zps495f906d.jpg

Bit of an update I started fitting the 19 row mocal oil cooler which is done now. It's not in the best position as it will mostly be covered by the radiator but I'm hoping it will still do its job but if it doesn't then I will have to have another think. I was limited on where I could put it because of the space available and the lengths of the hoses.

82ae9592a11ea388f8abb941435e6adc.jpg

7ec12fb2742587ce26d759582d07f400.jpg

Adjustable fuel pressure regulator is in place now and fuel lines connected.

187445633ab565980dcb843db9b3d757.jpg

The bracket mounting position and the style of the bracket on the short air intake is a bit of a bad design as it makes the throttle cable sit to high up and to far away from the throttle body which then keeps the throttle body open slightly. I used the same bracket and extended it and bolted it down elsewhere as in the picture.

2a8ee959b24263d839e4a4245323e39c.jpg

Edited by ibs

Need some help guys can anyone have a look at their car and tell me where this cable connects to. Its coming off the negative battery terminal there is a cable already attached which is connected to the chassis then there is this cable which is quite long but I can't seem to find where it is supposed to go.

IMG-20141206-WA0017_zps270b3f62.jpg