Where to go to get my turbo setup fitted?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Latest update she's back on the road. WOOHOO!!

Just thought I would share a pic of my brakes being fitted...

I'll just leave this here

Great result! Just logged into my other ebay account to order the manual and forgot I was watching one for sale for £43.48 inc delivery! The guy had not put Bentley in the title of it hence probably why it was on for sale for so long. I do love ebay sometimes :D

Also ibs get a thread goin of your turbo build when you start it, I may need to use it when I collect the parts for mine

I was going to keep this topic updated with the progress so that when someone else searches for the same thing "where to get my turbo setup fitted" they'll see this topic and maybe try it themselves as I am doing.

Not yet couldn't start it as my mates garage where we were going to be doing the work his electric door packed up. So I've spent the last 2 days clearing out my lock up garage. Will be starting on the car tonight. Space is very tight but atleast we will be safe from the rain and cold. Also had to order some rechargeable lights as there is no electric in there

So we actually got started. Only spent a couple of hours on it tonight but i think we got a fair bit done. 

Here is the car just before we started on it...

20141008_191033_zpscfdbfbf1.jpg

As you can see the garage is a bit tight to work in so we will be wheeling the car out as much as we can depending on the weather.

20141008_191305_zps33466ed7.jpg

We started by removing the front end. So headlights, grill & front bumper all came off. Then we disconnected the hoses off the radiator and let all the water drain out. After this was done we removed the slam panel and crash bar with radiator still attached.

20141008_192804_zps6959dc99.jpg

20141008_210826_zps3cd3c0dc.jpg

From what i can remember we also disconnected the fuel lines off the fuel rail, the main loom plug on the side of the engine, the rest of the coolant hoses, MAF and air filter, gear linkage bracket.

Tried undoing the nuts on the manifold but 2 snapped off and 2 are in such an awkward place and were too tight so we could not undo them. For this reason we will be disconnecting the down pipe instead when the car is jacked up.

That's it for tonight. Back on it tomorrow evening hopefully.

Ahh. Mine were the same. Just take the nuts off at the head an slide the manifolds off there. You need them off anyway to put the turbo mani on

Can you take them all off from above? Will I need to take the air intake manifold off to make it easier?