Where to go to get my turbo setup fitted?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Latest update she's back on the road. WOOHOO!!

Just thought I would share a pic of my brakes being fitted...

I'll just leave this here

Hi guys as United Motorsport and a couple of other people have said that my cutting out issue could be because of my atmospheric blow off valve could anyone explain to me why this is?

Also how would I fit a recirculating valve? Do I fit it in the same position and then run another hose off the outlet of the bov valve and run it to the inlet pipe to the turbo? 

Your problem is 100% caused by that vent to atmosphere BOV, what happens is that the ecu has fuel calculated for that air that you are dumping to atmosphere and not going through your engine so your engine goes pig rich when you stop after a bit of boosting and cuts out. The simple fix is just to get rid of it and run without any type of valve, but what's recommended is get a recirculating blow off valve and plumb the outlet of the BOV into the turbo inlet pipe after the Maf

I know some old 1.8t have same problem with atmospheric type bov

If you still got the a3 1.8t?

I THINK it might solve the issue with what you said stick it near the filter?

Or maybe pipe it up like it is on the 1.8t?

What spring is in the valve at moment soft hard??

I'm not sure what spring it is. I was given it with the turbo I bought. Surprisingly it was also fitted to another vrt and running without any issues!

Hi guys as United Motorsport and a couple of other people have said that my cutting out issue could be because of my atmospheric blow off valve could anyone explain to me why this is?

Also how would I fit a recirculating valve? Do I fit it in the same position and then run another hose off the outlet of the bov valve and run it to the inlet pipe to the turbo?

http://balancemotorsport.co.uk/dump-valves Some interesting stuff on there :) may help

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully back to work on the car this weekend. My oil cooler extension tube arrived today from United Motorsport. Sump is back on now so just need to change the oil filter then get her filled up with oil again. The rest of the weekend will consist of getting the front end back on, coolant filled up, WOTBOX wired up and fit a bit more of the meth kit.

20150207_094444_zpsregmy5tn.jpg

Fitted the extension tube today but when I went to screw the cap back on it seems like it is the wrong one to use with this setup. If I screw it fully the face of the cap does not even touch the sandwich plate. Can anyone advise please. I presume I need to order another cap but which is it that I need?

Thanks

5ded860d66a1518d422850658d41586f.jpg

So I got a alloy oil cooler cap from another member on here and it is now fitted. I also finished wiring up the wotbox yesterday although I can't test it until i've got the rest of the engine bits fitted.

Can anyone help me with this. I currently have 57mm pipe work running from the intercooler to the turbo and on the air intake side I have 51mm because of the shape it was easier to use the 51mm that was given to me with the turbo kit I bought. My question is would I see much difference if I were to change this 51mm to 57mm? The intercooler I have has 57mm outlets.

Thanks

Don't think it will make much difference unless you going big power

The throttle body ID is around 68mm so I'd try to keep it close to the throttle body size

Going to keep everything as it is for now then if it's not going to make much difference.

Progress has been a bit slow lately. To much going on at home and work.

I started putting the front back on. Connected up the coolant pipes to the radiator and put the headlight loom back in. Also ran new fuel lines from the fuel pressure regulator to the fuel rail. I'm hoping to have the car running again over the weekend.

I bought a spare vr6 fuel pump and while at work today i'm going to attempt to fit the uprated pump in to the vr6 pump housing.

20150221_094715_zpsgbethuqi.jpg

Got the car running Saturday night. Drove it around for a few hours and all seems good.

Received the silicone hose and connectors to plumb in a recirculating dump valve so will be doing that tonight then tomorrow I'm booked in with a garage who will be fitting the LCR Brembos, ultimax discs, ferrodo ds2500 pads, braided lines and filling the system with ATE blue brake fluid. At the same time I will get the car raised a bit at the front and then stick on the mk1 TT Ronals which I had done in LC9Z paint.

20150129_153140_zpsfsfiik9l.jpg

I should have really made some videos tonight coz boy I haven't had this much fun in ages. Got the car back from the garage next door to me as they were fitting the brakes. I've got the TT wheels put on now wrapped in a fresh set of Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyres. Got home and finished off the last couple of bits I had left on the wotbox. So now I have launch control .

Took it out for a little test and had it set at 3500 rpm. Felt good launching it but the wheels just spun and I didn't gain any traction in first gear so I might try and launch it around 3000 rpm next time. The other absolutely amazing thing is the ability to "no lift shift" as they call it. So you can basically change gear without having to let go of the throttle allowing you to continue boosting. You have got to be in the car to feel how good it is I will try and get some videos up in the next couple of days.

Next step is to get the methanol injection fitted.

Feel to cry right now so pissed off you don't understand. After a few very fun days of driving today while I was showing someone my bay I noticed the engine was moving a lot more than usual at idle which I thought was very strange. So I've just brought the car over to my lockup and had a little look around and where the gearbox engine mount bracket attaches to the gearbox it has broken away

e0e5277592686a6fd9b058b55205efdd.jpg