Where to go to get my turbo setup fitted?

You can get Vag-com or VCD's (vag com diagnostic system) from ross-tech with a genuine cable and it will just plug in and work.

But there not cheap. Google Ross-tech if interested.

But there's a cheap option, but requires half decent computer knowledge. I work with computers as my trade and daily job, so it not too hard for me. Plus I can try and help.

But you get a cheap OBD2 cable from eBay. Download a version vag-com, or I can send you a version of vag-com.

But it will only work in demo mode because you don't have a genuine cable. This is where the computer knowledge is needed. You need to trick vag-com into thinking you have a genuine cable. I worth my script and code to do this. But I could send you my version over. But I would have to explain how to set it up. As if done incorrectly it won't work. I've been running mine for about 4-5 year.

Demo mode won't let you use the measuring blocks. And you can only scan error codes. Not delete them.

Full version or tricked version you can do everything.

Edited by c00k
  • Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Latest update she's back on the road. WOOHOO!!

Just thought I would share a pic of my brakes being fitted...

I'll just leave this here

You can get Vag-con from ross-tech and a Guinean cable and it will just plug in and work.

But there not cheap. Google Ross-tech if interested.

But there's a cheap option, but requires half decent computer knowledge. I work with computers as my trade and daily job, so it not hard for me. Plus I can try and help.

But you get a cheap OBD2 cable from eBay. Download a version vag-com, or I can send you a version or vag-com.

But it will only work in demo mode because you don't have a genuine cable. This is where the computer knowledge is needed. You need to trick the vag-com into thinking you have a genuine cable. I worth my script and code to do this. But I could send you my version over. But I would have to explain how to set it up. As if done incorrectly it won't work. I've been running mine for about 4-5 year.

Demo mode won't let you use the measuring blocks. And you can only scan error codes. Not delete them.

Full version or tricked version you can do everything.

I would be very interested in a tricked version, I don't want to register my vag-com since it can only be registered one 1 or 2 computers and i'm constantly changing laptops or re-installing operating systems. 

So I have downloaded VCDS lite from rosstech and have a cheap cable, I can scan and clear codes and also access some of the measuring blocks, datalog etc. but not everything. 

I need the full version to check my timing chain stretch 

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update with my car. It's been back in my garage since last week and i only got round to working on it today. It's all run in so the idea was to do an oil and filter change and get it booked in for mapping. Well today certainly did not turn out like that. Firstly I decided that I will run the original oil cooler with the mocal one as I am not at the moment and in order to do that I will have needed to get the front end back off. So I drained down the coolant and got the front end off....

c8e3961c157999412e39879d2ace0b93.jpg

Next I drained the old oil out. I need to get me a socket for the oil filter housing as I have not got one. I also changed the gearbox oil again, it was done a few weeks ago but I decided to do it again anyway as I had loads left over. Also got my broken scuttle panels off and thought this would be the right time to get my bonrath single wiper conversion fitted so I did that aswell. That was my day done!

The Leon Cupra R bembo calipers have been hard work getting the right bits for them. But I have finally got everything I need. Just waiting on the TT wheels to be refurbished then I can get everything put on.

I went for matt lewis racing braided hoses for LCR brembo calipers, but they also had to send me out separately 2x fine pitch banjo fittings to fit the calipers. Disc and pad combination that was recommended to me was the Ferodo DS2500 pads, EBC Ultimax discs and ATE super blue racing brake fluid. I'm not doing anything on the rears yet but later on I plan on doing the mk4 rear caliper upgrade and then buy the same disc and pad combo.

014c14e0-64c2-48e2-9259-927fd8e5165f_zps

I need some advice guys I was having a look at the underneath of my car yesterday and I could see the sump has been leaking oil from where it butts against the bottom of the block. I did put on a new rubber seal but it is not doing the trick. Should I use some gasket sealer aswell as the rubber gasket? Or is there any other advice you can give me?

Thanks

It's upto u really, can try sealer... Was it a genuine sump gasket or aftermarket? Iv had multiple aftermarket rubber gaskets leak on rocker covers etc in the past.. Brought genuine ones in the end.. No more leaks... The quality of rubber on genuine gaskets is much better.. Plus they are usually the right shape to start with too.. Which tends to help lol.

Elooo

Have been reading the build and enjoyed all the comments and pics :)

Just to say with your cutting out issue (not sure if you have sorted it yet) I had same problem and it was down to a split boost pipe... I know yours are new but just sharing :)

Thanks mate, I'm pretty certain mine is being caused by the fuel pressure. The last few times I drove it before I put it back into the garage it did not cut out so I'm guessing I had got the fuel pressure just right.

It's upto u really, can try sealer... Was it a genuine sump gasket or aftermarket? Iv had multiple aftermarket rubber gaskets leak on rocker covers etc in the past.. Brought genuine ones in the end.. No more leaks... The quality of rubber on genuine gaskets is much better.. Plus they are usually the right shape to start with too.. Which tends to help lol.

I think it may have been a aftermarket one. I will try with just some sealer and if not then I will get a genuine gasket.

The stalling problem is caused by the item right behind the left headlamp.

Yep looks like a vent to atmosphere blow off valve. 

@United Motorsport, I have been trying to get hold of you about software etc. for a turbo golf v6 4motion I am building, sent a couple of emails through your website. Let me know if there is a better way of contacting you

Dave

The stalling problem is caused by the item right behind the left headlamp.

Someone mentioned that earlier on during the build. I should have taken more notice. Could you advise any further please. Should I get rid of it completely or replace it with a recirculating one?

Thanks