Where to go to get my turbo setup fitted?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Latest update she's back on the road. WOOHOO!!

Just thought I would share a pic of my brakes being fitted...

I'll just leave this here

So on Thursday evening we got back to work and managed to get the crank bolted back on and all the new rods attached to the old pistons. We got 2 of the pistons back into the block and left it at that for the night.

20141113_210513_zpsl4b1btrz.jpg

Last night got back to work again but it has come to a stop as we managed to break one of the piston rings and not having any joy with getting some more quick so looks like I can't do nothing until next week now!

Got round to doing a bit more on the car last night. Started off with cleaning off the top of the pistons. Should have really done that while the pistons were off but hey ho! Then put in the ARP headbolts into the block. Next got out 1 of the headgaskets which I bought 2 of and realised that its a 3 part head gasket. Wish Vince had told me that! I would not have needed to buy 2. So I separated the sections and put on the bottom section then my spacer plate and then the top section of the head gasket.

Pistons before:

aef2ed12-9e04-4318-bc0c-004905b2779c_zps

Pistons after plus headbolts on:

7b79e50a-c332-4680-a504-fe8f7d80fc73_zps

Need some help guys. I was having a look at the old oil cooler and the new mocal cooler I will be fitting and have noticed on the old oil cooler there was a pipe coming off the block going on to it as marked in the picture below. Now the question is what do I do with this pipe once I fit the mocal oil cooler sandwich plate as it does not have a connection for this pipe.

a3216d2c20287462bf3df248b608e4f7.jpg

Ok so did a bit of searching and also spoke to Poriordan on here and have confirmed the old oil cooler gets taken off completely. The pipe coming off the block and the other pipe that gets connected to the crack pipe can get joined together or you can remove them both completely and cap off the connections.

Did a bit more tonight. Schimmel 263 cams are in. Couldn't get one of the sprockets off the old cam. Ended up breaking my own 1/2 x 3/8 adaptor and my mates snap on one! Decided to go and see if any of the garages would be open still and found a guy who was still open at 9.30 at night and he manged to get the bolt undone. Great result! Didn't bother going back to my lockup though as I had already put everything away. But also managed to get my bottom chain in so tomorrow I should be able to get the top chain done.

1e988803828ef73dfc0a8c5d57389891.jpg

Regarding the external oil cooler, when I did a quick google, the ones I saw showed the original water-cooled cooler in place aswell, running in parallel with the mocal.

I think the ones shown with the sandwich plate in front of the original oil cooler are on gti's. Plus the threaded bolt supplied with my kit is nowhere near long enough to do that,

Edited by ibs

I ran my original oil cooler with the external cooler, just had to get the bolt made there and then no extra charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not going to use the oem one. The Mocal one should be more than man enough for the job. I went for the 19 row with the thermostat.