Where to go to get my turbo setup fitted?

Hey it looks cool in stainless mate. Too much black under the bonnet hides everything. Let it stand out. Haha.

Shit man 4k. Ermmmm this might have to be a silent project for me. The less the misses knows the better. Hahahaha.

Probably just collect it in bits and it won't hit the pocket hard that way. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea that's true il probably just leave it as it is. Trust me I've done the same not told the misses the full story!

It doesn't really have to cost that much to be honest, I've just decided to go all out on it.

You could do the turbo and not worry about a LSD, cams, short air intake, arp head bolts, oil cooler and colour coding everything that will save you quite a bit. I want 400+ bhp so decided to do everything.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Latest update she's back on the road. WOOHOO!!

Just thought I would share a pic of my brakes being fitted...

I'll just leave this here

Dropped off the head to an engineering place this morning. Will be getting it skimmed and the valve stem seals replaced.

Also just about to go and drop a rocker cover off to the powder coaters. My original one was plastic and I think the metal ones came on earlier vr6's so I got this one off ebay for £18.

20141103_131708_zpslknr792v.jpg

They sit way better than my dare drrs and mine are 7.5j and 8.5j. They've got shit caliper clearence on the front so I has to put 20mm spacers in

I had to use a 15mm spacers to clear the calipers and that's why I'm now changing my wheels as I've got Brembo calipers going on so will need a lot more clearance.

So after a mate noticed the other day that every time one particular piston was going up and down it was leaving a oily residue near the top of the cylinder we decided it would be best to replace all the piston rings. So took out the rods and pistons and ordered up the rings which I have just picked up along with my timing chain kit which was on order and a new set of big end bearings.

20141108_131659_zps1luspo6c.jpg

Now that the rods are out I may aswell go about fitting the forged rods I have bought which I was thinking of saving until next year when I do a bit more to the engine. Will be getting back to work later after I have picked up a honing tool and piston ring compressor from my local machine mart store.

Extremely unhappy!!

So we got to my lockup earlier to work on the car. Started with one of my mates replacing all the rings on all 6 pistons while me and another mate honed the cylinders. Then we went to put the the rods and pistons back in the head and realised the rods are to wide to fit down the cylinders. Ok don't panic we'll just have to take off the crankshaft and go put them in through the bottom we thought not knowing that this is not physically possible either. So now i am stuck with a complete bare block as we thought we could go in from the bottom and a set of new rods which know way will go into the cylinders. There was me thinking i would have the engine all rebuilt by the end of the weekend  :angry:.

What do i do now guys any ideas? Surely the rods are not supposed to be like that or are they?

20141108_195624_zpsdzsq8xkg.jpg

20141108_200117_zpsojexvyro.jpg

Edited by ibs

Found out what the problem is. The clowns have sent me rods meant for an R32!! Here's the next bit, I can return them for the right ones but they will not be available until the end of December or I can get a refund minus the £25 carriage charge minus the paypal fees they got charged and I have to pay to send them back to Poland myself hahaha! They must think I'm sort of mug!

Looks like i will be opening a case with Paypal tomorrow.

Found out what the problem is. The clowns have sent me rods meant for an R32!! Here's the next bit, I can return them for the right ones but they will not be available until the end of December or I can get a refund minus the £25 carriage charge minus the paypal fees they got charged and I have to pay to send them back to Poland myself hahaha! They must think I'm sort of mug!

Looks like i will be opening a case with Paypal tomorrow.

That's a joke pal. Raise a dispute with ebay aswell mate even if you've left them feedback. The money will be frozen in there account till you thrash it out with them. Ebay will watch your messages so keep firm with them and tell them if they can't change you parts for the right ones now you want a full refund.

Cheeky of them that is mate.

Latest update on the rods is the guy has finally agreed to refund the full money for the rods and half the original carriage charge but I have to keep the arp bolts which I don't mind. So I will be sending the rods back to him tomorrow and also tomorrow I should receive the Eagle rods have ordered.

Also got my flywheel back today after getting it lightened. Now weighs in at 5.3kg...

20141112_153617_zps5krz7yf2.jpg