Where to go to get my turbo setup fitted?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Latest update she's back on the road. WOOHOO!!

Just thought I would share a pic of my brakes being fitted...

I'll just leave this here

It will be at garages but they are not like stealth or anything like that! It's just people who have been in the vw game for years now and has built a lot of VRTs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you forward me contact details for them please. Did you do yours yourself?

It will be at garages but they are not like stealth or anything like that! It's just people who have been in the vw game for years now and has built a lot of VRTs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just realised your the dude that was thinking of breaking your VR. Are you still going to?

Was speaking to the boys that will be helping me with this and i have decided to get started on Monday as I want it done by the end of November. We are not going to be working on it full time just some evenings and weekends. I don't have a garage or a driveway so another mate has agreed to let us use his back garden which is good.

I've been having a little think and am not to sure if it worth taking the engine and gearbox out to do it or keep the engine in. I will not be messing about with the bottom end. I do want to change the cams and will also need to put in the spacer plate. Should I really take the engine out the car?

I took the engine out of mine! It was just easier, I also flushed the engine bay at the same time, plus you can clean up your engine and get to everything soooo much easier :)

The difference between me and you guys is I've never done any mechanical work on a car ever!! Mates have done a bit but we will mainly be following guides online and I bought a russek vr6 engine manual which seems pretty good. Wish me luck boys im going into the deep end. If it goes tits up plan b is to get the spare engine I've got and get it properly done by a someone that knows what they are doing. But touch wood it won't come to that.

In need of a cam tool anyone selling one or should I just order one off ebay they are around £12.

The difference between me and you guys is I've never done any mechanical work on a car ever!! Mates have done a bit but we will mainly be following guides online and I bought a russek vr6 engine manual which seems pretty good. Wish me luck boys im going into the deep end. If it goes tits up plan b is to get the spare engine I've got and get it properly done by a someone that knows what they are doing. But touch wood it won't come to that.

In need of a cam tool anyone selling one or should I just order one off ebay they are around £12.

I am a girl lol!!

But good luck, dont rush it, took me really 2 years to get mine finished!

Any question just ask ok