Gauging interest: Mystic blue vr6 - spares/repairs/donor

Hello All.

After 4 years of ownership and minimal progress I'm considering cutting my losses and selling up.

Some basic specs:

1994 M 3dr

Mystic Blue

2.8 VR6 OBD1 with coilpack (although it has an odb2 port?)

65,401 Miles

Cloth Interior

The car has been SORN for as long as I've owned it. It has been in storage for most of the last 3 years of ownership. The intention was to restore it, drive it, then eventually go turbo. But times have changed and so have my plans.

The body of the car is not in a good state. There's rust in a fair few places and general marks all over. The rear quarter panels were previously undergoing some sort of repair from the previous owner. These were sanded down to the first layer of paint, I relacquered them because I knew it'd be a while before any paint work was done. The arches have untouched filler on them as well which I sprayed over as a temporary measure. The worst parts are a rust hole in the passenger footwell, it looks like someone put a jack through it. The sills are also showing signs of jack damage and are bent in places. The NSR strut tower has a rust hole in it too.

Other bad bits I know of:

- Rear brakes had seized. I released them and the car was moveable again but they'd need replacing/refurbing

- Gear linkage seized and was consequently broken by someone who moved the car from the first unit it was in to the second unit it was stored in. The gearbox is fine because I can still engage gears and drive via the selector fork on top of the box. Prior to going into storage the car was driveable (I drove it to and from an MOT test centre with no problems)

- The Idle Stabilisation Valve doesn't work but the car will idle perfectly after it's warmed up a little.

- Someone cracked the NSF headlight (In-Pro Angel projectors) during storage

- The rear quarter has taken some damage from something during storage

- Some if not all of the copper brake lines need replacing

- NS window regulator seems to have failed again somehow, I had previously replaced this. Might be a simple repair but they're cheap enough to buy.

- The bonnet latch cable detached itself at the breakpoint in the engine bay and I ended up removing the latch to get the bonnet open which is currently hanging loose still (simple enough to fix).

- The backbox isn't on the car (I'll explain further down)

Some good bits:

The engine is solid! Prior to going into storage it was fully serviced with NGK iridium plugs, castrol oil and a new oil filter. It also had a crack in the thermostat so I replaced that, the thermostat, all gaskets and associated bolts (the old ones were rusty!). I also flushed and replaced the coolant with G12++. The car hasn't done any mileage since then so safe to say it has had clean fluids in it during storage.

I have mot certificates leading up to the point it went off the road to help verify the mileage, theres a mixture of other documents in the folder too.

The interior bar the drivers seat, dash and front door cars has been stripped out but is all in my garage.

This would be an ideal donor vehicle for someone looking to do a conversion.

I have collected a bunch of parts for it over time which I have with the car which ideally I'd like to sell together with the car itself.

- Decat and Catback Milltek Exhaust (Twin 76mm jet). However the decat was slightly longer than expected and needs to be shortened slightly to allow for the backbox to go on. So the backbox is off the car. All other parts of the exhaust are on.

- Brand new 312mm front discs, TT calipers and pads.

- Momo Team 300 plus a momo boss kit late mk2/early mk3 (not sure if this boss will actually fit the car)

- Highline Door sills

- Momo gearknob (on the car)

- Replacement sills for both sides (Brand new)

- In pro angel projectors with 6k hid kit (NSF cracked as mentioned earlier)

- 17" RS4 replica wheels with tyres. One is buckled and will need replacing, rest are fine

- A bunch of spare bits and bobs and probably some more parts which I've forgotten about.

- I have a full set of Vibe speakers in the door cards currently which I can leave in for the right price. Further to that I have a kenwood KDC-W6541U and a 4 channel amp which I can chuck in at an extra cost. The car is already wired up for an amp.

The car currently has a BMC 85-150 CDA anniversary edition which I'll be keeping so you'll need your own air filter.

The car would have to be trailered away!

I've probably missed out a few bits and bobs so will update accordingly if so. Feel free to ask questions.

Just a note: The only way I'm selling parts separately is if the car sells on its own first so please don't ask if I'll break parts or sell parts separately thank you!

RuEaRy.jpg

Got plenty more pics if you're interested.

Heres a vid to show it was running cleanly:

I'm hoping for £400 for the car itself and £1000 with all the extra bits. I'm located in B20 area of Birmingham. Will listen to sensible offers.

EDIT: £200 takes it 

Edited by Sidhu88
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...