I had the immobiliser erased from my ecu on my 95 vr6 so i plugged it back in and left it sat on the scuttle to see if it started before i put it all back together.It started fine so i bolted it back to the body and put the scuttle panel back on.I got back in the car and it wouldnt start just turns over.I then took it back of the body and it started fine but i did notice i have a ticking noise from under the steering wheel where the fuses and relays are.So basically it does not start when the ecu is bolted to the body (where it should be) but it does start when it is just led in the scuttle area.Anyone know whats going on? :unsure:  :unsure:

fuel system/pump all working correct etc..was getting a ticking noise from number 11 relay which is the horn.Now im thinking has the immobiliser be erased correct as maybe this is the reason it just turns over and the ticking is in theory the alarm going of just without the sound of the horn??Local garage is going to plug it in tomorrow to see if the reader picks up the ecu and to see if the key and ecu match (so im told).

The immobiliser in the ECU has nothing to do with the horn. The ECU is in no way connected to the horn relay.

The key and ECU wont "match" as the immo has been defeated. (nothing needs to match anymore)

Does the car have an after market alarm/immobiliser on it? Clifford, toad etc?

Edited by UnitedMotorsport
  • 1 month later...

How did it go? Are you sorted?  I had the same kind of crank but no start problem which turned out to be multiple faults. I needed a new immobilser unit, a new coil pack and the ignition switch failed whilst troubleshooting...  see my recent post... maybe it will give you some ideas, I got a lot of support from the forum.