Been driving 60 miles a day for the past two weeks for my new job and haven't been paying attention to the coolant.

Less than one mile from home, the light comes on and my soul drains. I pull over and have a look and the coolant is non-existent. I had G13 in last which I got from my local dealer but they are closed on Sundays and I only have Halfords available to me. Should I fill it with water or get a different coolant?

I NEED my car for work tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

If its just the expansion reservoir thats low, you could get away with just topping it up with some water for now. Regarding what type of coolant, what colour is your currant coolant? G13 would be fine, but its best not to mix different types. Also, would be worth investigating where the coolant went aswell.

If its just the expansion reservoir thats low, you could get away with just topping it up with some water for now. Regarding what type of coolant, what colour is your currant coolant? G13 would be fine, but its best not to mix different types. Also, would be worth investigating where the coolant went aswell.

Coolant colour is pink. I would have to drive it to work and back tomorrow again before I could buy some more G13. VW, Skoda etc garages are open but their parts department are closed.

Edit: There isn't any noticeable leak. I'll get some Holts though and see if that stop it.

Edited by OurVR6
  • 3 weeks later...