How long did it take you to find your pride and joy?

As title says really. I've been looking for a vr6 for such a long time with only a hand full that ticks most boxes but not all. keep waiting for that perfect one to pop up somewhere. Were you lucky to find it straight away? Or weren't you particularly looking for a vr6 when u brought it? Or like me, were your frustratingly looking for months on end?

I toyed with the idea of a vr6 for a year before I bought the one I have now. I accidentally won a salsa green colour concept with vr6 transplant on eBay and went down to wales to collect it. I loved the car and it was really good on the body and inside, the only problem was, it wouldn't hold it's water! The end result was that I walked away, 500 mile round trip for nothing! 1 week later I bought a car 5 miles up the road and saved myself £500. Keep your eyes peeled and one'll turn up when least expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My old VR6 took about 3 months, looked at a few then went and seen one in Stoke that had recaros and climate control. Paid deposit straight away as the guy was closing up. Went back a few days later for a good look over and test drive and paid cash there and then.

The R32 was a case of wanting turbo power, 4wd so thought R32 turbo. Was two for sale on the R32OC at the time. £25k & £16k, but I couldn't spend £25k on a golf so went and looked at the £16k car and left a deposit on it there and then

My first one found me and my current one I wasn't particularly on the look out for another one but saw the ad off here shared on fb something clicked, went up there that evening and came back with it that evening. Only thing with this one is that it's a 5 door which I don't mind but I don't think I would get another one if I was looking out for one again

• 2 weeks later...