Cc frequency valve pulsing....

I know it's been discussed before but doesn't really give a plan to sort it out..

When I bought my mk2 vr the engine was already fitted and already had an aftermarket stand alone cone air filter instead of the air box.. After I got all the work done on it and got it on the road,

I started to notice a pulsing/knocking noise coming from the engine bay (particularly the air filter side).. thinking the worst I checked it out and found a small plastic round valve with an air pipe inserted in it along with an electric connection. . The other end of the valve isn't connected to anything and thus giving a vacuum and a pulsing noise. ..

Can anyone tell me what I need to do with it? Even if I unplug it, it will still pulse after a couple of minutes. . Do I need to connect it with a piece of air pipe to some where.

It's the charcoal canister valve, you are supposed to plug the end of the vac pipe coming off it. If you scan your car with vcds you'll get an error code for it but it doesn't matter. If you want to get rid of the error code you can replace the solenoid with a spare injector. You will always hear it clicking though when it's connected and the ecu has opened it.

Ok Luke, so what is the cure for it? Should there be an air pipe off the other end of it? Or what do I need to do to stop it from pulsing ? Maybe a small air filter on the end of it? Stop any shit going back in to engine?

That's what I did, got rid of the PCV and the whole length of vac pipe and plugged the port on the throttle body. You'll get an error in vcds if the plug is empty though, but you can plug a spare injector into the plug and the ecu will be fooled.

It's a vac line so whatever you do it wants to be sealed up, at the moment you'll have a vac leak.

Edited by Lukey.