I love my VR6, 8 years of ownership

Hi

I have not been on here for years.  I have also not drove my Vr6 for over six months since I bought a new car(2008 R32).

I Bought the VR6 on Feb 2006 with 55000 miles on the clock.  It now has 130000 miles with 24000 done last year alone:-(

I would not call it a car it is more it is more a part of me or an only child of mine.

No mater what is going on the car has never let me down in 8 years, never broke down in 8 years.  I can leave It parked up for months at a time jump the battery and of she goes. it still has the original clutch, timing chain etc. The interior has held well too.

It kind of reminds me of a tank as it seams unstoppable. 

I do not see the point in selling it as it is worth more to me than the small amount of money I would get for it.  sadly the rust has started to take over and the two rear arches, fuel filler neck, front wings need repaired.  I will however get this completed over the next year.

Over the years the car likes to consume:

Too much fuel to think about

Rear wheel bearings

Coil packs and ignition leads 

CV gaiters

Rear brake pipes

you get quite used to the faults and just drive into the garage and tell them what's wrong without wasting investigation money :D

Apart from that it has been a fantastic car.

After a few years of ownership it became apparent that buying non VW parts was a waste of time and money as they never last. 

so one tip is to buy genuine parts and get it serviced every year.

I can also give you a long term review on the following:-

jetex full exhaust system: Sounds amazing and made a real difference to the noise, I am not sure if it helped power but the extra noise sounded like it did so that was good enough for me. After being on the car for 7 years it is still in mint condition and I have had no problems with it.

BMC CDA induction kit: Again sounds absolutely amazing and I have had no problems over the last 7 years.

KW lowering springs and shocks:  this was not the coil over but springs and shocks.  After driving around in what felt like a boat I upgraded to these and put on new polly bush suspension kit at the same time.  what a difference this made and that was 7 years ago, the car still feels good today.

Hella Cellius headlights: again no problems with these and made a big difference over the standard lights(and they are very rare).

I was never one for speaking on the VR6 forum but I did however gain a lot of useful help and information on here, so thanks VR6OC.

long live the VR6!!!

Petrol consumption... oh my god thw petrol consumption is horrendous.

But then again.

You cant have an amazong beast of an engine like that which does 55 mpgs.

Ill take the hit of petrol, and mine is my daily runner.

I got the rust setting in in areas too. Need front ds wine replaced, front jacking point are shot.

Speaking of jacking points....

Anyone know how much a garage would charge down cornwall way if I bought the new jacking points. They would just have to re weld in??