Worst job on a vr

I didn't think heater matrix was too bad but mines a mk2 golf, maybe that makes it a bit easier?
Re-fitting the drivers side wishbone after putting power flex bushes in was by far the most frustrating job for me, the locating washers and spacer tube are an absolute nightmare to fit! Well worth the effort though that said.

The plastic inlet/outlet had fatigued on mine and blew off one day, covered me in hot coolant little bastard

Mine wasn't that bad but couldn't see where the fuck I was going I got half way down a motorway when mine first went that was a interesting drive home.

At the moment, stripping out the coolant hoses that have not been touched for over 20 years. Broken countless cable clips and retainers, had to strip out the air box, upper and lower inlet manifold, broken the crack pipe, ripped hands and arms to bits and swallowed about 5 pints of rusty coolant.

Still should be worth it when i box them off to Forge

The chuffing gearbox. It got boring. I had 2 mk3 VR6 over 4 years.

Had the gearbox off a total of 7 times.

Inferior parts/clutches and my tendency to launch her more times than pull away normally.

Oil seal went on both engines, 3 clutches, layshaft/gearbox input shaft bearing aaaaaaaand a noobie/moron moment where I didn't tighten one of the flywheel bolts, resulting in a recovery.

Driveshaft bolts annoyed me too.

Did them all without a ramp, 1 jack to support the engine, me sprawled over the engine bay and lifting the buggers off and on again.

Oh, the other arse ache.... replacing and realigning the rear engine mount

I think possibly the worst job is selling it, I look at it every day and just know it's going to have to go, it's like I'm interviewing them to see if they will do a good enough job of continuing this cars legacy, not gonna fucking rust paint the bonnet and put a set of pink banded steels on it and a kiddies trike and miners lamp on the roof.

I think possibly the worst job is selling it, I look at it every day and just know it's going to have to go, it's like I'm interviewing them to see if they will do a good enough job of continuing this cars legacy, not gonna fucking rust paint the bonnet and put a set of pink banded steels on it and a kiddies trike and miners lamp on the roof.

Well you know what to do mate........ just keep it

It's not really an option :( like I've said I wish it was, I've got my harewood tickets booked today so it's definitely with me till then, maybe one last hurrah and I can adopt my child away to someone. (The golf not my actual child)

Good lad did you get the stand pass?