Stealth remap

All booked in at stealth on the 25th

Hope the re map makes a fair difference

Mods I have are

6-2-1 race manifold

Full straight through 2.5' stainless with decat

Schlick 268 cams

K&n pannel filter in a drilled air box

Audi tt 225 bhp spark plugs as (recommended by vince)

Also have a CDA carbon fibre induction kit as vince said he will do 2 runs to see what give the best performance.

Can't wait

Also will be going down the charger rout just looking for the right kit to pop up

Where did you get the spark plugs at what price? What's the advantages?

I have just bought a K&N panel filter. Is it worth drilling the air box??

Thought about a remap, just concerned about not a lot of power return for the money! Advice?

Has anyone ever heard about 'Terraclean'?? And if so is it worth it?

Edited by iain092

Hi, i found that drilling the box increases intake noise, i bought a 2nd hand one and did it. i wouldn't remap until you have major work done cams, turbo etc.. and lastly see my post on terracleaning, i found it quite good.

good luck with whatever you do.
s

Where did you get the spark plugs at what price? What's the advantages?

I have just bought a K&N panel filter. Is it worth drilling the air box??

Thought about a remap, just concerned about not a lot of power return for the money! Advice?

Has anyone ever heard about 'Terraclean'?? And if so is it worth it?

Hi, i found that drilling the box increases intake noise, i bought a 2nd hand one and did it. i wouldn't remap until you have major work done cams, turbo etc.. and lastly see my post on terracleaning, i found it quite good.

good luck with whatever you do.
s

Thanks, i'll probably have a go with drilling my airbox. The link to the Terraclean doesn't seem to work....??

The remap is on the back burner anyway. I have plans for this car. Waited 10 years to own one. I won't get rid..........EVER!!

Edited by iain092

Regarding the plugs vince told me to fit some as my vr doesn't seem to like super unleaded

Soon as I told vince that he said about the plugs

My power run at the rolling road day was 198 bhp but that was with standard cams and standard exhaust manifold

I did notice a nice difference when I drilled out the air box so I'd say worth doing as it cost nothing to do

Not sure on what to expect and not worried about numbers only interested in what happens on the road.

As mine has the mods it has it needs a map for them to come to life and work together how they should

Thanks, i'll probably have a go with drilling my airbox. The link to the Terraclean doesn't seem to work....??

The remap is on the back burner anyway. I have plans for this car. Waited 10 years to own one. I won't get rid..........EVER!!

sorry try this one

http://www.vr6oc.com/forum/topic/40991-anyone-terracleand-opinionsreviews-and-locations/

s

Little update

Changed my plugs for the ones recommended by vince (Audi tt 225bhp plugs )

Old plugs all removed and I wonder how it even ran lol and as well as it did

2 plugs has no electrode left and they all looked a million years old

When you google that part number it comes up as spark plugs from a suzuki alto! Lol

Really lol

Phoned Audi and they had them on this part number but they did say the plugs are used on many different vehicles.

Gsf also said the same

Drives much nicer

I need a proper induction like BMC as the k&n pannel filter and drilled air box is kind of strangling it

So like this it produced 210 bhp but I was never interested in the figure I was more concerned what it did on the road tbh

It revs to 7200 now so makes more use of the cams and is also much better on fuel and a lot more responsive on the throttle

But figure wise wasn't helped due to the fact it was mapped in hot weather but can't help that