Shopping list almost ticked off

So had the Corrado a few months now and been shopping and stocking up before i even start to look at the old girl. So far parts acquired are:-

• New drivers door
  • 6 branch manifold
  • Schrick inlet manifold et al
  • Smooth scuttle cover
  • MK4 rear calipers
  • MK4 288 front break setup
  • Few trim bits here and there.

Have leads on or know where to get the following:-

• Body work
  • Cams (Stealth)
  • Air ride (thinking this could be left till inters)
  • HT Leads (venom)
  • Silicone hoses (venom but what set? Samco and Venair have a different number of hoses to a kit)
  • Possible head works

Need assistance with the following as i cant find:-

• Sprinter wing vent - venom list them but don't have them and this is the same answer i keep getting.
  • Headlights preferably angel eyes again no one has them, same with rear light clusters

So what are peoples thoughts?

Other ides to throw out there are A4 door handles or some other smooth handle any ideas?

Wing mirrors with side repeaters built in I have been looking at TT RS ones has anyone tried this or found others that fit? that way i can blank out the side repeaters

Also thinking i need a set of OZ Turbo to sit it all on.

What air filters are people running?

Ahhhhhhh so much going on i my head had to get it all out!!

So had the Corrado a few months now and been shopping and stocking up before i even start to look at the old girl. So far parts acquired are:-

• New drivers door
  • 6 branch manifold
  • Schrick inlet manifold et al
  • Smooth scuttle cover
  • MK4 rear calipers
  • MK4 288 front break setup
  • Few trim bits here and there.
Have leads on or know where to get the following:-
  • Body work
  • Cams (Stealth)
  • Air ride (thinking this could be left till inters)
  • HT Leads (venom)
  • Silicone hoses (venom but what set? Samco and Venair have a different number of hoses to a kit)
  • Possible head works
Need assistance with the following as i cant find:-
  • Sprinter wing vent - venom list them but don't have them and this is the same answer i keep getting.
  • Headlights preferably angel eyes again no one has them, same with rear light clusters
So what are peoples thoughts?

Other ides to throw out there are A4 door handles or some other smooth handle any ideas?

Wing mirrors with side repeaters built in I have been looking at TT RS ones has anyone tried this or found others that fit? that way i can blank out the side repeaters

Also thinking i need a set of OZ Turbo to sit it all on.

What air filters are people running?

Ahhhhhhh so much going on i my head had to get it all out!!

I'm really sorry mate I didn't mean to Hijack your post..

I agree with calico BMC provides the best induction noise along with a good exhaust system your on to a winner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the BMC are people using the cold feed hose or not? I'm in my 30's now not my teens so i'm not looking for a constant drone when i'm driving.

My initial idea was to fit the sprinter vent (if i ever find one) and duct that straight into the stock air box, could i do the same with the BMC?

I had mine fitted on a mk3 golf pointing the front of the car just behind the headlight so didn't fit a cold air feed maybe advisable on a Raddo though. You don't get a drone just amplified standard noise when flooring it hardly notice any difference when driving normally im 44 now. Very difficult to duct anything from a sprinter vent. I would just run cold air feed to front or inside inner wing merc vents will not force feed air so not really worth doing in my opinion. I think you will need to get the sprinter wing and have it cut out and welded in to your wing if you really want it fitted. You don't see much louvering done nowadays maybe 15 years ago. lol     Showing my age Tiger stripes anyone.!!!

Calico, thats just the sort of feedback I was looking for. so thanks.

I know the sprinter vent wont force feed, just like the look more than anything, also this is just me looking to build the sort of car i used to see in the mags as a yoof.

My intention as you say was to pickup the air from the inner wing or even to use something along the lines of a break cooling scoop mounted to the rear of the vent to stop drawing in hot air from the engine bay,

As for buying the wing, it is looking that way but I'm going on the prowl at inters in a few week to see what I can turn up in the auto jumble, you never know your luck with those things. I did once see a premier performance st/st gauge kit for a rado at one... oh how i wish i grabbed that now

Wing vent sorted via Leon263!!

Now have a 5 slat transporter vent that I intend to line up the middle slat with the swage line and profile the vent plate to match either side of the line into the wing

As for the OZ turbo's as much as I would love a set, the PCD is all wrong and I dont want to change hubs so found these http://projexuk.com/wheels/junk/dreg/black

that have the correct PCD, no they are not as good but will be a whole lot easier