Hi everyone! I'm new here so thought I would share my newest project with you all!

Started out life as a grey 1.6 and the previous owner has built it into a red big bumper gti look a like.

ru9y9uve.jpg

aha8umy2.jpg

qu5agavy.jpg

5uvy4yje.jpg

qute8u7u.jpg

ba4u7yre.jpg

dytegyhy.jpg

5anegyqe.jpg

8u4u7ahe.jpg

So fast forward a few years and here is how she sits

upa2yguz.jpg

The car as I bought it came with:

Us spec tail lights

Clear rear window

kW v1 coilovers

Anti roll bars

Smoothed front and rear bumpers

Audi s2 front brakes with braided hoses

Transporter t5 banded steels

Lightweight battery in the boot

But more to the point this has hardly any rust, only major problem is both front jacking points have rusted through but that will be easily sorted.

So my plans for this Are:

Shaved engine bay

Polybush everything

Forged and rebuilt 2.8 vr6

Precision 6262 turbo

Sidewinder manifold

O2m swap

Stripped interior

Buckets

Cage

Motorsport shifter

Respray (same colour)

15" gotti g1001 wheels

Yesterday I went round and helped pull the g60 engine out ready to get it recovered back to my house

a6utesa7.jpg

5y2apare.jpg

So will hopefully have it back at my house Monday (fingers crossed) where I can really get stuck into things

Here's the vr6 engine conversion I have bought, engine has done 90k but will be getting stripped to the bare block and head and rebuilt

atare4u9.jpg

And my gotti g1001 wheels. These were made January 1990 and never even seen a car hub or a tyre they are brand new and diamond cut

a5e4abud.jpg

avu7ytys.jpg

Need wider lips front and rear so these will be getting stripped down soon

thanks for looking [THUMBS UP SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN]

Edited by al_mooring
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finished sanding back the bed liner and sprayed all the engine bay in two coats of high build primer, a little more sanding and one more coat it should be ready for colour

After a lot more sanding and primer I thought it was time for some colour so after running out of thinners and my gun packing up (which is now fixed) I managed to shoot a coat of colour onto the bay,

I have bought a clutchmasters fx750 clutch And I've got a 6spd o2m with a diff and 2wd blanking plate, already rewelded the mk3 vr subframe for the gearbox mount relocation and got a dutchbuild mount

Posted Images

Very Sexy, Keep us posted mate! What is your gearbox set-up exactly? Can you go into a bit more detail?

Thanks and you mean my 02m gearbox setup? I'll be using a mk4 golf 4motion gearbox then put a transfer box blank on and use the 02m shafts to modify half and half with mk2/mk3 out cv's then you have to weld the gearbox mount in a different place and use a front and gearbox mount from dutchbuild unless you want to make your own (quite easy) and then fitting a clutchmaster fx850 clutch and quaife LSD.

You then have to use the 02a master clutch cylinder and make an adapter to go from 6mm to 8mm pipe to the 02m slave cylinder have a look here

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2633108-02m-o2m-6-speed-into-mk3-12v-VR6-(56k-very-very-beware)

Looks like another great build thread to enjoy seeing progress :) love those gotti's!! Where these for sale not so long ago?

Sent from your mums iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! And Yes my friend Jamie (wheelgeek) was selling them so swapped my 18" Breytons for those and cash.

So after removing the rest of the wiring loom, hydro clutch and brake master cylinder I decided to remove some old metal in place for nice shiny bits that Matt gave me with the car, shame no one is going to see them as I am smoothing over the top with sheet metal but I like to do things right and do them once

post-94088-140070539072_thumb.jpg

post-94088-140070544315_thumb.jpg

Using a grinder wire knot wheel to remove sealer it's the easiest way I've found and then drilling out the spot welds. Going to seam weld everything so no one seam sealant and no filler needed (hopefully)

Yesterday I went to see lowvr off the forum to pick up an 02m box, c2 mount and gear shifter along with a Modified mk3 subframe and had a good chinwag and then I had to jump on a flocked dash for £30 so went and picked that up

post-94088-140087391536_thumb.jpg

post-94088-140087393449_thumb.jpg

No photos of the gearbox but I also order a 2wd conversion blanking plate from holland

post-94088-140087395697_thumb.jpg

Then today I have replaced the chassis leg panel on the drivers side and welded up the large hole above it on the inner wing

post-94088-140087399597_thumb.jpg

post-94088-14008740142_thumb.jpg

post-94088-140087403227_thumb.jpg

Took the wing off so I could get underneath to weld the panel and was pleased to see no rust

post-94088-140087407401_thumb.jpg

post-94088-140087408991_thumb.jpg

Just need to carry on smoothing the bay!

Oh and this got dropped off today as well and looks decent from the quick inspection I gave it lol

post-94088-140087414751_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So bit of a late update but had a few problems to deal with the car. Went to lay paint down and the cellulose reacted with the acrylic primer so I had to flat it all back and refill some areas but overall I'm happier so glad I did it. After seeing jason pattons' mk2 jetta I've loved the whole stone chipped engine bay look and it's really durable so perfect for what I wanted.

ejusenaz.jpg

And here is mine so far,

9ujara3e.jpg

Finished wire wheeling and stone chipping the inner arch and the chassis leg so that side is done and it drys a lot more "matt" then in that picture as that is when I just sprayed it.

The engine is going to be the centre piece but still deciding on a few things. Bought some forged rods as well just they willing be delivered with my inlet manifold

ejy9utuv.jpg

I have also been stripping the engine and subframes ready to swap everything over to the mk3 subframe so wire wheeled the wishbones and etched primed them

8edaze9u.jpg

e2aty6ah.jpg

Off to Cumbria vag this weekend so no progress for a while again.

Thanks for looking

• 1 month later...

Little bit more progress got the new battery tray panel in on the opposite side, smoothed it and got it in primer after de-seaming everything.... Just a little more welding needed on a few holes and I should have it done.

u6ysapug.jpg

he3ysemu.jpg

And then got the vr6 bolted onto my new engine stand but had to slightly alter the stand to get it to bolt onto the vr6 rear mount

9e2e6era.jpg

Also bought a solid mk2 front engine mount so I don't need to buy another crossmember

a4y7esym.jpg

Really liking the bay.. I think I would have colour coded mine if I was to pull the lump out.. but I do lik3 the stone chip look, great idea and protects the body in a massive way.. plus you can just wash it down and be good as new..

Keep up the good work mate

• 5 weeks later...

Engine bay is now painted and I have now stripped the vr6 down to its bare block ready for a full rebuild with fresh bearings, arp hardware everywhere, forged rods and pistons and a lick of paint.

ty2e6y5e.jpg

gamy2ata.jpg

uze3azah.jpg

Engine looks in great shape and the previous owner had fitted a baffled sump and new timing chains/guides but I'll be re-newing them just for piece of mind.

Then tonight I went and bought some more wheels for it, this time some banded 9j g60 steels

uvyzynug.jpg

Just need to go back and pick up the centre caps as I forgot to take them! Lol

• 1 month later...