mk4 golf wheels are they all 5/100 pcd

hello can anyone tell me if all mk4 golfs inc 2001 golf tdi.

have wheel bolt pcd of 5/100 or did some come with 5/112.

any info on this would be great as looking at getting some differant wheels poss of a mk4 golf mainly but may look at others audi ect.

cheers.

brian.

If they are Anniversary rims then they won't be from a Mk4 Golf. The Mk4 Golf did have technically the same wheels, they were just narrowere.

The Mk4 Golf BBS wheels measure 6.5 J x 16 where as the Anniversary BBS wheels measure 7 J x 16. Also i don't know if the offsets are the same (ET number).

The wheels are also the BBS RS2!

If they are Anniversary rims then they won't be from a Mk4 Golf. The Mk4 Golf did have technically the same wheels' date=' they were just narrowere.

The Mk4 Golf BBS wheels measure 6.5 J x 16 where as the Anniversary BBS wheels measure 7 J x 16. Also i don't know if the offsets are the same (ET number).

[/quote']

RX 2.

RX 2.

To be honest i have no real idea what model they are. As this German website http://www.doppel-wobber.de (which is pretty comprehensive with its information) states they are the RS 2, where as other sources like you say call it the RX 2

Also i checked the German dealer brouchure i have and it doesn't state the model name of the BBS wheels, it just says they are two piece.

Ahh well... !lol

If they are Anniversary rims then they won't be from a Mk4 Golf. The Mk4 Golf did have technically the same wheels' date=' they were just narrowere.

[/quote']

RX 2.

My anni had the RX2's, was stamped on them.

On the 7J x 16 Anniversary wheels which as also RS's ;) they come fitted from the factory with a 215/40 R16 tyre.

Howevr as you have a slightly narrower wheel i would suggest the following tyre 205/45 R16. I think MrBen has more experience with this so maybe he can chip in on whats best!

o.k. whats the best tyres to fit ' date='make and size.

mine say rs771,et42,6.5j16h2.

so mine must be possibly early type,still lov em looking good polished up.

cheers.

brian.

[/quote']

They are the 6.5" width so they are the mk4 ones. Nothing wrong with that though, they are nice very nice rims! As Mr 20 Years says, they are a bit on the narrow side for a 215 tyre- I would go for a 205/45/16 or a 205/40/16. I'm running the 40 at the moment, and they look good and turn in nicely as they are pretty low profile, but that does have a trade off in ride comfort - the 45's will be more comfy!

As for makes, I've had good experiences with Toyo Proxes (though they don't last long), Falkens, and currently Kumho Ecstas. A lot of people rave about Goodyear F1's, but I've not tried them yet.