Headlining - Fix or replace

Hi All, the headling (behind\under drivers side visor) has come away from the foam backing, i have some glue spray but to do it properly it looks like i need to remove the lining and do it outside of the car. as its coming out anyway where can i get a replacement  if the patch job goes horribly wrong?

also any suggestions on the easiest way to remove?

cheers

steve

And while you're out dye it black. Win.

Have you dyed your lukey? I've read mixed things about dying, some people say that the material doesn't take the dye very well? Would like to do something with a headliner at some point and was thinking black, but would also like to do something a bit different but struggled with ideas lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want to be careful how you handle it the stock lining just wants to come away as soon as you agitate it. Mine wasn't in good condition colour wise there were dirty marks all over, I went straight over all of it and after about 5 cans it was nice and even and a good shade of black. The stuff does take a while to cure off but is dry after a night. It stays a bit rubbery tacky feeling for a few weeks but once it's fully cured out it's been fine ever since.

I am pure OCD about stuff it has to be perfect and my black headliner is totally uniform and my favourite mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...