Hello people kinda gutted think my engines gone on the VR it's badly missing it was running perfectly fine until I got the spark plugs/coil pack and ht leads changed, I used all brand new parts so I wasn't sure what had happened so I took it to another garage and had it compression tested, bad results as it was down more than half on 2 cylinders. I have been told that the compression on vr6 cylinders should average at around 160-170 psi, 4 were fine but the top two were running at 80 psi. I've Been advised by him to source a new engine but if any1 has any information that could help me It would be very much appreciated as I am not no genius at engines lol thanks guys. Tabz

if it was fine before you changed these and then your down on 2 pots it could be a miss reading ..  plus the garage could of made a mistake ..  there only human after all.  best thing to do is to take it to an other garage and get a wet and dry compression test done as that will help to indicate if you have  problem with the rings or not ..  then again ask for a leak down test as this should highlight if its a problem with the valves ..  and finally you could get a sniff test done on the coolant bottle and this will detect emissions in the coolant and indicate a leak from cylinder to water jacket from a blown gasket ...  anymore help needed your welcome to drop me a message on my inbox 

MJ It had original leads in first then I ordered new ones from euro car parts and the spark plugs were knackerd it took me nearly 4 hours to get them out I had to break into them and Jimjon yeah checked them over 3 times theyr in the correct firing order

MJ It had original leads in first then I ordered new ones from euro car parts and the spark plugs were knackerd it took me nearly 4 hours to get them out I had to break into them and Jimjon yeah checked them over 3 times theyr in the correct firing order

Try eating some Weetabix..LoL!! :P

They must have been sitting in there for years.. Corroded no doubt?!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've got a corrado vr6 1995 and I'm having the same problem.

The car was running like a dream but I could hear a very slight misfire. So I decided to change the ht leads, I then noticed there was a little crack in the coil pack so I changed that to.

Since then the car has been misfiring like a mad to the point I cringe every time I hear it. It's suffered a loss of power and sounds like crap. The plugs look fine, and we're changed less then 4k ago. It's had the maf changed when it was serviced last.

Running out of ideAs what could have caused this. Your thoughts and opinions would be helpful!

Thanks