I'm currently in the process of upgrading the front brakes on my V6 4Motion to 344mm R32 brakes.

To do this, I need a new set of discs. My local motor factors are coming back with silly prices for front discs.

I have done a quick ebay search and can get cross-drilled and grooved discs (Mtech or similar) for a fraction of the price of the factors.

Is this because the local factors are trying to rip me off, or the 'upgrade' discs on ebay are shonky quality?

Does anybody have any experience regarding ebay brake discs?

The car is mainly used for spirited road driving, and track days.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated thanks.

Edited by himselfunknown

I see what you mean with some listing £200+ a side. ECP sell pagid discs for a fraction of the prose although they have the silly expensive ones too.

I just found this thread http://www.r32oc.com/topic/40686-pads-and-discs-price/ where someone (with a. 07 r32) got fronts, rears with pads for circa £200. Bargin! Seems to be a discount code too if it's still valid. Gotta be worth checking though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A disc is a disc just get the cheapest

Elaborating on this a bit, don't bother with drilled or groved discs, a disc can dissipate heat fine on a riad car, so ignore the flashy aftermarket ones, just buy some high quality basic discs - brembo do a range of oem style discs (I've used brembo hc's for many m as ny track days with issue) just make sure you get decent quality pads

• 2 months later...