Mk3 4wd... 02m with BMW rear diff

Alright lads, my plan is to convert my VRT from fwd to 4wd so far unsure if I'm going to do it to a mk3 or mk2 Jetta but I don't won't to use the heldex system as I won't a full and constant 4wd, so I'm planning on using a BMW e36 m3 subframe and LSD with a custom prop.

My question is can the transfer box handle being 4wd all the time?

What would be the best box to use 02m? I will be getting a lsd up front too so the box needs to have them available to buy :)

Thanks lads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would i just be better running the haldex with a LSD front and rear with a custom haldex controller?

i won't the best possible amount of grip for up to 500whp and i don't fancy risking FWD with a LSD not sure that would be much fun haha

Edited by Radodb

I'm running an 02m 6speed with haldex controlled by an Exclusive tuning controller in my caddy. Last year it was running 400bhp and similar torque with absolutely no problems. This year I'm aiming for 550-600bhp and was going to fit an LSD in the front but buying a very expensive clutch amongst other very expensive bits kind of killed that idea for now so let's hope I will still get grip!

I've been told 02m boxes are good for around 600ftlbs of torque before 4th gear starts trying to leave the box but I do have a strengthener to fit when I fit my LSD.