Polo-Loco: Harlequin VR6 Polo Saloon Drag Project

Right getting in the flow with bits now, really needed to make a bit of progress and taking any chances I get to work on the Polo. I only have a half day on Fridays so make the most of the sun and got straight down there after work.

Needed some pedal rubbers for the MOT as the current ones were shafted, we all know a split rubber can get you into all sorts of issues so I made sure I bought nothing but the best seconds quality non OEM ones off eBay for a couple of quid! They have Vetech on the packet, Im hoping that’s just the German version of V-Tec and Ill be, like, all fast and shit now with a high revving engine (baaaaaah bah bah BAAAAAAAAAAAAAH). Ive gotta say, they smell of Creosote, like proper strong too. Still, it adds a nice bit of aroma into the mix, the car still smells of fire from the wheel bearing incident along with unburnt fuel, coolant form the spillage after the matrix was removed and god knows what else. Think the actual metal is stained with smells now because there isn’t anything else it could be ingrained into!

A319.jpg

So with them all fitted up it was time to sort out the fuse box holder I had made and see if it worked. Now as I don’t have power at the garage I borrowed my mothers cordless 18v drill, thought it should be up to the job. However I just grabbed a drill bit out of my draw at work and it was about as sharp as a reality tv star. So I had to go and invest in some decent cobalt ones which made things so much easier. All fitted up and in, I took this opportunity to properly fix the headlight switch to the metal clock binnacle and tidy up and securely tie up the loom so it doesn’t interfere with the pedals or controls.

A320.jpg

A322.jpg

Having got that sorted I ticked a couple of other smaller jobs off, the scuttle cover is back on and fairly secure but I’d like to move it down a touch, the wiper mech is now all secure and the wiper set to lay flat position for the MOT. Sorted out the washer jets too as Id lost them somehow. Also refitted and secured the battery as it usually just roams about in the engine bay, free as the wind!

When I done my very temporary removal of the heater matrix I noticed that the pipes were too long and the joiner (a bit of the matrix!) was causing a kink in the hose which can’t be good for water flow so I have now cut it down and refitted it, still not perfect but a better corner on it now.

I think this speaks volumes about how the project is progressing, the spare wheel well aka the recycling bin!

A321.jpg

Oh I finally got around to fitting my badge, one of my first purchases for the car lol

A323.jpg

I had 30minutes to kill so I thought I would have a see if I could get somewhere with the exhaust. Id previously tried the cat bolts and they were rusted so sprayed with WD and left for a while, well about a month! Turned the car round today so a tiny bit of residual heat, jacked it up and put some proper sketchy looking axle stands under the car and slid under it with a spanner in hand! With a bit of leverage from a bar on the first one it cracked easily, the others I managed to do without added force! Dropped down to the floor when I realised an issue. The whole exhaust was one piece from start to finish. Well, about 5-6 pieces but all welded together. I tried manoeuvring it out as one over the rear axle but gave up and decided to cut it.

Again, having no power in the garage made things awkward, couple that with the fact my selection of tools is ‘Interesting’ to say the least, I had a hacksaw blade on its own (no saw) or a blunt junior hacksaw. To say I’ve got thicker pubes than the blade on it is no overstatement and, in all reality, my short and curlys are probably straighter than this thing was. Never the less I set about getting a start on it and about 4/5ths of the way thru the blade finally snapped, leaving me to swing the exhaust back and forward until it stress fractured and I was able to remove it. As you can see it’s a beauty! It’s certainly loud and seems to flow well, standard one is going back on for the MOT while I weight up my options

A324.jpg

A325.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made up some templates to get the doors going, the rear window was always going to be a bit of an arse      Next it was time to get the pins on so I could get full access to the engine easily and a

Everything all bolted back up again and looking more like a Harlequin than just a randomly painted car. Can’t decide between standard rear lights or the all Red ones. Once I get the roof and rear quar

Finally in, I also decided to make up a slide for a bit of ventilation as I still need to drive the car to and from Pod at the moment!

Posted Images

So I popped back to the garage to try and finish off what I had started on the exhaust. I dragged all of the components outside and noticed that there was an issue with length (not something I’m used to having!) I was scratching my head about the best way of doing it, looked at cutting and welding the cat and centre box together but knew if I cocked up the placement it would make things a lot harder to fix in place. In the end I settled for cutting down the centre box lead in pipe and slotting the cat pipe so it slid in and could be bolted. It sits at a slight angle but it’s good enough, only a slight leak on the rear joint too so very happy with that

A326.jpg

A327.jpg

I’ve also worked out that the current de-cat pipe with the curve on it just needs a 400mm length of pipe added and I have a perfectly placed straight thru side exit for use on the strip. We like free modifications. I’ve got to have a serious look at what I can do exhaust wise for normal use, the standard system is very quiet

A328.jpg

A329.jpg

Well what can I say, work is really getting in the way of me doing anything to the car! So inconsiderate lol. That coupled with me being back at home for a couple of weeks before the move and not getting to see my missus much means I can’t spend evenings messing about in the garage and have to snatch any chance I get.

Today at work we finally finished my over the top conversion of the window winders from electrical to manual. As I’ve covered previously you can’t get them for decent money so it made sense to just strip them down and work out a mech for turning the main cog in the winder. We machined up some ally dowel and drilled and pinned it into the base cogs (they are both different heights as one is a genuine unit, the other a cheap replacement regulator). We then done the same for the other end and drilled and tapped the end so I can fit the handles as a permanent but quick release method or just keep one in the car and slide it on and off as I need it

A330.jpg

I also finally got around to collecting my new steering wheel which was sorted for me by a mate on the Mk2 Ibiza Owners Club. Its nice to finally have a wheel back on there after removing the airbag one and it feels a nice size. I had to do a bit of work on the wiring for the horn but that’s all working now

A331.jpg

I started to have a piss about with the Morette head lights so I can try and get the alternative front end on. I got the sidelights working and the main beam but seem to have some sort of issue with the earthing for the dipped beam headlight. Need to look into the wiring and plug side of bits

A332.jpg

Eventful hour round at the garage, I managed to expose myself to a horse rider (changing into work clothes in an open garage isn't a great idea, total miss-timed it!) and nearly got my face eaten by a massive dog called "Ruthless"! After his owner explained that “He is friendly, he just wants to say hello. He could easy kill you if he wanted to but he doesn’t”… Lovely!s owner shouted at him he assured me that "he is friendly, just saying hello"...

Got the Morette front end on today and wired up, works a treat! I always loved the Hella Quads on my Mk3 VR and they are a bit retro and 90s styling so seemed right to get it sorted. Still working on getting the standard slatted grille in place and making it look fairly oem, given up on making it too perfect, it’s a race car after all.

Totally rewired the plug for the lights, need to do it again as they don’t hold in place so will sacrifice my spare headlights. I need to make the looms slightly longer too. The setup was bought off ebay and they are always totally butchered. They come with a single relay on one side and after searching the net and asking in groups (the SEAT boys had no idea and its off an Ibiza) I decided to remove it and it all still works fine and as it should

A333.jpg

A334.jpg

A335.jpg

I also got around to fitting new clips to the seats to stop then rocking backwards and forwards. Bloody bain of my life seat clips, every VW Ive had has suffered with them. Not the hardest thing to do but I just loathe getting the seat in and out of the runners!

A336.jpg

Took another picture of the engine bay, I just love staring at the VR sitting in there when I know it doesn’t belong!

A337.jpg

Edited by Ryan Image

Decided I needed to change the plug on the Morettes, Id used the loom plug that came with them and fitted different spade connectors, however they weren’t quite long enough so I had to cut down the plug and poke them in, not safe as such, don’t want them popping out if I’m driving it at night. The earth to the dipped beam wasn’t to secure and the wires were pulled quite tight so I decided to remove the plug and loom from a spare standard light and modify it to fit. Does the job lovely and locks in place like it should! It’s not going to be on the car until I’ve finished my work on the grille but good to know it’s sorted

A338.jpg

A339.jpg

A340.jpg

A341.jpg

I also knocked up a few plates with rubber sealing pads on to block up the holes in the firewall where they were too big or the wrong shape for bungs

A342.jpg

My last trip to the garage featured a Dog showing interest, this time it was the Spiders turn. Underneath the car checking bits out and I heard my WD40 can roll a bit along the floor, turned round and I saw a spider pushing it along! It was a huge thing, looked like a cross between a cat and those things that were in Starship Troopers. Pretty sure it had tattoos on its two massive front legs (they looked like chicken drumsticks, proper bulging with muscles and anger) and it was smoking some sort of spider roll up. I normally leave spiders be as they are doing their thing for the eco system, however this one was just too big for my liking so I executed it and carried on about my work.

This is just me pissing about as I was bored and couldn’t get into it. Thought about having some cab lights for that Big Foot feel, or some bonnet spots for when I go rally driving… oh wait that’s right the thing won’t go round corners happily!

A343.jpg

A344.jpg

If I could find one picture that summed up this car, this is probably it. A fuse that was in the box was totally blown, took it out and discovered it had just been bridged by a bit of wire! Nice and safe, not like it blew for a reason on anything!

A345.jpg

The steering wheel that I’d put on the other day had a poorly done carbon wrap job on it. Seeing as vinyl wraps and decals are what I do I decided to peel it off. My mate said the wheel looked like it had been painted blue then wrapped over, assuming it was horribly done. Imagine my surprise when I peeled it off to reveal this stunning blue anodised face! Well happy with that

A346.jpg

Fitted one of the plates over what was the matrix hole, does the job well and happy with it. Sadly I measured the others wrong and couldn’t use them so that’s Mondays task, you win some you lose some!

A347.jpg

Checked over all the suspension I fitted to ensure nothing would fall off when I finally drive it to the MOT station, good to double check things like that. Cleaned up and clearenced the area that had rubbed on the drive shaft on full lock, seems to just clear it now without rubbing, need to give it a bit of a grind and a lick of paint but that’s one less thing to worry about right now

A348.jpg

The rear loom was moved about and secured so it’s not just flapping about. The issue I have is that it used to run down the right hand side to the fuse box, now it’s in the middle the offside loom is shorter than the near side loom, it’s a bit tight so will start again from scratch when possible but all good for now

A349.jpg

A353.jpg

My to do list is getting shorter and shorter, all that’s left now is a full coolant system flush and fill as the stuff in there is low and disgusting, a rework of the scuttle cover as its affecting how the wiper moves and sits, the bulkhead/firewall holes need seeing to and that’s all I can do. My MOT garage are going to sort my pedal box out as I have no access to welding equipment at the garage

A350.jpg

The paintwork looking very tired and scratched up, “RAT LOOK RARE PATINA NOS PAINT SURVIVOR” etc. It’s a shame as its Black Magic Pearl but the whole car is scratched, dented and marked so it’s not even worth polishing out, just leave it ready for my planned wrap. Strange thinking that this Polo was once a very well spec’d Sports model, complete with sporty interior, sunroof, electric windows and mirrors! As well as a punchy 100bhp 1.6 8v!

A351.jpg

A352.jpg

Finally I dragged it out to have a good look over it, such a hanging car but I do love it, it’s developed a character in my mind. I guess someone’s got to love it!

A354.jpg

A355.jpg

A356.jpg

A357.jpg

Cheers mate! Gotta thank my girlfriend for working loads lately, makes me feel less guilty about being there! Not that I need an excuse to run off to the garage and start tinkering!

Looking forward to moving in just under 4 weeks and having a big working area and a garage with power to use, will make life so much easier. The Polo is the first thing I'm moving, who needs stuff in the house when you have a VR6 on the drive!

Sadly no pictures of proper updates as such but some great new:

The car is booked into the garage that has taken care of it in the past. Dropping it off Friday for the pedal box to be sorted then its MOT time so hopefully within the next 10 days I should be back on the road and legal with the Loco!

Can't wait to give it a drive! Its going to a place on a local industrial estate near my work. Nice clear quiet roads, be good to open it up a little, missed that VR sound, even though the standard exhaust and cat on there is doing it no favours.

I bought it off of someone in Northamptonshire, before that it had been in Essex I believe and the previous owner Im not sure! It changed hands about 4 times in under a year before I got it. The conversion could well have been done down Devon way but I had a feeling it was up north. I know of a couple more VR6 Polo Saloons that were kicking about a few years back

So, it’s been all quiet from the shire of Loco lately. Having worked flat out to get bits ready, there were just a few remaining tasks, the main one being plugging up all the holes in the firewall/bulkhead to stop fumes entering the cabin (or smoke in the event of a fire). The main issue I’m having at the moment is finding a way of sealing around the top of the steering rack gaiter as the box was chopped about to fit. Think it will take a bit of working out

A358.jpg

So today (25th July) I have finally driven the car again. To say it was horrible, terrifying and dangerous would be an understatement. After getting to the garage, making sure the coolant and oil was at a decent level and the wheel bolts were tight I connected the battery then managed to throw my whole box of screws/bolts over the engine bay. Well, I say box, I actually keep them in a frying pan, I find it easier for moving them about and I can sift them about. Anyway, I can say thankfully the car didn’t sound like a bag of bolts, even though it was one!

Quickly fitted my quick release window winders, which were now fowling the door inside and fell out on the drive there. More work needed on them I think!

With the suspension jacked up and the back and wound right down on the front, the handling was interesting to say the least. The whole car shook and banged over even the slightest bit of road paint. Driving it to Pod for Action is going to be a real labour of love, definitely need to see about a towing rig asap.

The drive there highlighted a blowing exhaust too and what sounded like it connecting with the rear axle over bumps. Also without the carpet and sound deadening in there the tunnel was getting warm, Im unsure if this is because the original cat was smaller than the VR one that’s now on there or if there are missing heat shields etc. As soon as it’s passed the other exhaust is going back on while I build a system for use.

So, a couple of pictures of it, from the cockpit, me looking smug and outside K2 who are going to sort out the last bits and MOT her for me  

A359.jpg

A360.jpg

A361.jpg

Now it’s a case of waiting and seeing just how bad it is! On one hand, I’ve definitely ruined what was a great street sleeper. On the positive, I’m well on the way to making it a fun, different and quick FWD drag car and helping towards my dreams of championship success at some point!

Edited by Ryan Image

Well after all the highs and excitement there was always going to be bad news at some point and I got the call today.

The pedal box is in far worse condition than was first hoped, the bolts holding it to the firewall are not secure at all and the box as it stands would not hold up to the heavy launching I will be putting it thru so more work on that side of things is needed than hoped.

There is also a bit of damage around the underside of the handbrake that needs attention, its either from when the conversion was done or in the life before that, but its going to require some welding and fabrication.

The car kept overheating on the test, I'm 99% sure this is down to the fact that I blew a 30a fuse when I was buggering about with the Morette headlights and I robbed one from the fuse box and forgot to replace it. Because of this they couldn't get an emissions test done, fingers crossed when its sorted its within tolerance, if not I'm fucked.

And finally the other major thing was that the car is too low, the geometry with the driveshaft meant it was rubbing slightly against part of the chassis leg on full lock. They are going to wind up the coilovers for me and see if that helps, if not then Ill have to see about notching it.

Its the labour and time more than anything, problem I have is we are moving in two weeks and I have a set amount at my disposal, trying to work out how I can even afford to get it all sorted at the moment

Ill get a picture of it when I get a chance, its perfect for my needs!

Spoken with the garage, I've been given a "worst case" price of about £620, could well come in at less but its all bits I don't have the time, skill, tools or capability for at the moment so told them to proceed. This includes the MOTs obviously as well as a full pedal box well, they looked thru the VOSA guide and apparently it states that any non-original pedal box/cluster needs to be welded around its entirety. They are also going to sort the chassis notch out for me so I  can continue to keep the nose down as well as the odd bits of wiring and sorting out my misbehaving fan.

The issue is I only have £300 to myself this month including all social activities and a show (including me and my missus' anniversary!) so that's a bit tight. Given them 3 weeks to get it all done as and when they can to try and keep the costs down, plus I can delay it till my next pay day though with the move Ill have no money still.

Currently going all out trying to make any extra money I can, I do signwriting/wraps/t-shirt printing etc as a side-line and I'm taking in as many orders as I can to push thru some more money. Even if I can pay to get the work done on time that doesn't mean it will necessarily make Action sadly. I still have to tax it as that expired and fine the money for fuel there and back from Portsmouth! Plus it leaves me no time for giving it a test myself and Ill be driving it up to Pod blind not knowing if any thing else needs sorting. I know it will have an MOT but that doesn't mean an electrical or mechanical gremlin won't appear, its been off the road and messed about with a lot.

Its going to be touch and go and a very stressful few weeks but fingers crossed I will be rolling thru the gates with a smile of my face and cramp in my stomach from the harsh ride. If not Ill be getting very drunk while crying on the bank!

Its going to be crazy.

Loco by name, Loco by nature

• 4 weeks later...

Well, its been a while but what can I say...

ITS MOT'd!!!!!!!

Absolutely over the moon, picking up at lunchtime tomorrow then taking it for a good blast down some motorway/a roads to see what's what and reacquaint myself with the Loco. Hopefully have more updates to follow in the coming days, Ill be spending all of Monday tinkering around.

Its had the pedal box rectified and strengthened along with the handbrake that had been 'engineered' at a previous time. The front chassis leg has also been notched to allow me to turn the wheel to full lock and lower the car without the driveshaft grinding against it. Oh and a handful of other jobs that it needed to be roadworthy.

Trying to work out if I can make it to Action for some RWYB testing, once I've taxed it I will see what the money situation is like as its a 300 mile round-trip for me and having just moved and working to a strict budget it may still be just out of my reach.

Well now its home and I'm very very happy!

Took it for a blast on the M27/A3 and its scary how fast the needle seems to snap round to licence losing speeds. Very sketchy cornering at any speed but its launching feels really good, positive that it can be a real character on the strip. I'd forgotten about the roll on power and that noise! Love it love it love it!

The lightening has sure made a difference too, proving that some of the best modifications are the cheapest and simplest.

Lots to do before Action and its looking much more likely that it will make it there for some runs. The hard work and cost is well worth it

post-91927-140878910631_thumb.jpg

post-91927-140878913061_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

So, where to start!

After an anxious few days I finally managed to raise enough money to get the car to Pod for Action, although now I literally have £2.11 to myself until payday on the 25th of September and a trip to Germany to Das Drag Day that I can’t afford to pay for lol.

Decided to drive up there followed by my better half and her friends, both in T5s, Id given the Polo a little run out but not very far so it was with trepidation that we set off from Portsmouth on the 150mile trip up to Pod in Friday rush-hour traffic. Great!

We had made it as far as Winchester (20 miles of motorway) and I wasn’t exactly enjoying the experience. The super harsh suspension on the concrete section of the M27 made it feel like the car was falling apart and causing my head to nearly vacate the sunroof every second. We had to stop by the M4 for a toilet break as the suspension loosened my bowels and my choice to have a Madras for lunch became a bad one.

Anyway on we went, putting up with traffic and slow speeds, the Polo needs to be driven fairly swiftly so I don’t realise how horrible it is. Sat in traffic trying to get onto the M40 and I got a great look from a copper in an unmarked Volvo. I clocked him and smiled, he looked and shook his head, shocked he didn’t pull me over to look.

So we finally rolled in thru the gates in the darkness and struggled to put the awning up as I dumped the Polo in the middle of the roadway and started having a couple of relaxing Guinness to reward myself for a hard, worrying drive up!

Saturday morning and I took a stroll to sign on, tight chest from anxiety, and then drove it round to the fire up lanes and sat with a mate from the Seat Ibiza MK2 club and chatted for a good hour while the demo cars done their runs and we slowly moved along. Id never raced at Pod before so it was a strange feeling lining up waiting. By the time I reached the front I was in serious danger of having a heart attack, all those hours, all the dreaming, the moment to actually race the car down the 1/4 and it was all here and very real.

Unbeknownst to me, Luke and Jacob in the tower were singing “Going Loco” over the tannoy, I couldn’t hear anything inside the car, partly due to the rear engine twin turbo Caddy burning out next to me. I knew I wasn’t going to ‘win’ this go but I was sure going to enjoy watching it shoot off. The Pre-Staged lights went to Staged on both sides, then in a flash they were green and I had a real “oh fuck” moment. Hand full of revs and dumped the clutch to masses of wheel spin. Not a good start. Finally got some grip and of we went down the track, while it wasn’t fast fast it sure felt it. I snatched second and then third and before I knew it I was over the line and I had the win light! The Caddy had some issues launching as far as I’m aware and didn’t really run, still Ill claim that win!

16.40 @ 88mph Click here for the video of it:

Straight back to the lanes and wanting another go. After a long wait (it was very busy) I was back round and next to a modified S3. Having owned a 350bhp MTM tuned one I know they don’t hang about so I wasn’t surprised to see it shooting off. I did however completely fuck up the gear changes and lost a far bit of time screwing the nuts off the engine, particularly 2nd to 3rd. Even with all this I was only 0.14 of a second slower so if I could have composed it more it would have been a stronger run

16.54 @ 87mph Click here for the video of it:

Id had enough at this point, was feeling very hungry and the nerves has subsided enough that I could manage some food. I headed back to the van for a big fry up to give me some energy, put some water in the car and headed back out.

This time round Carl came and found me in the lanes, got my timings from previously and gave me a bit of advice while trying to keep me calm as the nerves had come back a bit. Id not been attempting any sort of a burnout but he talked me round to it, so with a little grill of the tyres I was ready to go, this time against a Mk4 Golf of some description, dunno if it was a 20vT or a tuned TDI. Off we went and a far more composed start from me, getting through the gears nicely and crossing the line for the ‘win’ light. Managed to take a whole second off of my previous time and an extra couple of mph too.

15.54 @ 91mph Click here for the video of it:

And again. This time a very nice Bug was next to me, done a little burnout (if you can even call it that and we set off. Much more relaxed and confident at this point, starting to get more of a feel for the car. Granted the reaction times and 60fts are still terrible but it’s all about practise. ‘win’ light again and further improvement

15.3 @ 92mph Click here for the video of it:

And the final run up against some Mk4 Golf again. Fastest, most composed run of the day and the last of the day session, lucky I lined up when I did. Not much else to say about it. From 16.40 to 15.21 was  good first effort and the speed form 88 up to 93 so heading the right way.

15.21 @ 93mph Click here for the video of it:

As with everything we want quicker, there are undoubtedly low 14s in the car when I learn how to launch it, need to look at tyre choices and pressures. I was also running a standard VR6 Cat onto a standard 1.6 Polo twin box exhaust system that was doing me no favours. Couple this with the absence of an air box and a crap bolt on filter at the back of the engine bay and some over fuelling due to a coolant sensor and it shows the slightly bigger picture.

And some pictures:

A364.jpg

A365.jpg

A366.jpg

A367.jpg

A368.jpg

A369.jpg

A370.jpg

A371.jpg

A372.jpg

A373.jpg

A374.jpg

Back home and I was itching to get some bits done. Not been able to get the car in the garage yet so been limited to what I can do outside with the weather and lighting.  Started by stripping out all of the sound deadening fitted to the car. It’s not needed and the weight of it all does add up. It’s not a fun task and I’d hate to have to do it all again. Found a heat gun at 350 degrees helped, warm it up and find a start and the adhesive will give. Then you just have to work on the tougher bits with more heat and intensive tar and glue remover followed by some pure Acetone to get rid of the gum residue. All fun and games. I also started to remove some metal from the bonnet and boot, more will come out when I get my locking pins sorted for them.

A375.jpg

A376.jpg

A377.jpg

A378.jpg

A379.jpg

A380.jpg

A381.jpg

A382.jpg

A383.jpg

Oh and one last thing, as the logo I had been using wasn’t technically mine to use I had one commissioned to fit in with the idea of what I wanted. Will look great with the livery scheme I have planned for next year

A384.png

• 5 months later...

Been really lazy with updating the thread, life sorta got in the way! Still ploughing on with the car though even if the timescale has changed somewhat.

The car was languishing on the drive and with the dark nights and wet weather it was just filling up with water and giving me no incentive to get out there. Finally after 6 months in the bungalow we got around to finishing the shed so all of her bits and the freezer could be moved and the Loco given its rightful home in a garage with lighting and electricity

A392.jpg

First task was to get rid of the leaking and heavy sunroof. This also meant that I would be able to wear my crash helmet without it fowling the massive mechanism that encroached into the passenger compartment! Got a bit of stainless to replace it, had wanted ally but it’s all that was donated to me and on the plus side it’s a bit more rigid. Gave it a good coating of sealant first then used the pattern on the underside of the roof for the first rivets. Still getting round to running the second row of them

A393.jpg

A394.jpg

A396.jpg

A399.jpg

Decided to strip back the paint as I wanted to get running with the new livery, this sort of developed into me doing a pisstake “ratting” of the car and threatening to run it at Big Bang like it. In the end it got beyond a joke, the pictures speak for themselves

A400.jpg

A401.jpg

A402.jpg

A403.jpg

The car has had a chequered past (quite literally it would seem!) and at some point had been resprayed with the sidestrips still on, which were consequently removed afterwards by someone. Took a fair bit of attacking to smooth out the huge runs.

A404.jpg

A405.jpg

A409.jpg

A410.jpg