Right, it's about time I start a build thread, owned this one since about Feb 2012, I know the past 2 owners were vr6oc members so would be interesting if anyone knew the car before I had it. I haven't had much time to do a great deal to it yet due to time, taking it to shows and having to use it as a daily until a month ago. Sorry it starts off a bit boring but as soon as I've got the garage for it in a couple of months and have finally figured out exactly what I want to do with it I should start making some decent progress. Here's a few pics of a few things that have gone on during the time I've owned the car

Day after I bought it

upuzy9ez.jpg

After a quick clean

guda4u7y.jpg

First thing to go on was 2 new front tyres, and I also had to replace the maf and battery in the first couple of weeks but since then (touch wood) mechanically she has been superb

vypa5apa.jpg

Came home from work one day to find this....patybeny.jpg luckily that there was no damage at all, slightest scuff that came out straight away. That thought me two things, 1 not to prop anything against the wall while my cars there and 2 if I cracked on with jobs straight away this never would have happened lol

Bodge job of de wipering for now with a bung but I will get round to doing it properly as I have a few things that I want respraying so will send the whole lot off

7y3a2emu.jpg

Got sick of looking at this

ydazajen.jpg

So this happened for now, another quick fix until I get round to polishing or powder coating the intake, also need to get round to sorting the rocker cover

jy3e3ujy.jpg

Had a mate that wrote off his vr so manage to get a janspeed exhaust, decat and coilovers for a good price so managed to get her sitting a bit nicer and got rid of the letter box exhaust as I'm not a massive fan of themnanyvypa.jpgapaqa4er.jpgsadega4a.jpg

Photoshoot

upumyza4.jpg9ameje9y.jpg

That was pretty much as I left it for the summer, due to shows, working etc, here's a few pics from the summervequmame.jpguduza9up.jpggu4u9a7e.jpga7yvahyb.jpg

Now I don't need the car as a daily started getting round to doing a few bits on the car again. Wanted to put the cat back on the car for the mot but where the decat pipe is shorter than the cat, I used it as an excuse to buy a new miltek cat back3unahy4u.jpgvaqu2udy.jpg

Needed to sort out the front of the sills out and a lovely hole in the rear foot well2erymyba.jpgpy7ydedu.jpg

Hole in the foot wells sorted now and also offside sill, just got to do the near side, will take some pics tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While since I've updated this so here goes... Got some new rims for her, rs035 and rs037 Also been buying a few odd bits which where waiting for me when I got down to my parents this weekend, was lik

Was down cornwall for a long weekend, didn't get too much done, as wanted to spend some time with my dog and family but did manage to take the vr out for a couple of spins as it may be my last oppertu

Sneak preview of my new interior. Hopefully may get the chance over Xmas to do a few bits on the car, got so many parts and jobs piling up now! Sent from your mums iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a couple of pics of the welding that's been done so far, they have been coated with waxoyl at the moment, just waiting for the weather to dry up enough to finish it properly and still have the passanger side sill to cut and weld

y6evepuz.jpg

Hole in rear floor pan

bumabyda.jpg

Forgot that also has a small patch on the outer sill, the car looks filthy in the pic but is just the reflection of the concrete drive lol

usy3ujuj.jpg

Hmmm you've got me thinking, never been too keen on the hella twins but I've got a couple of pics in my album of black mk3's with twins and they do look pretty nice to be fair. Will have to give it some thought when I get round to sorting out styling, next thing though once I've sorting a couple of bits is to get some new rims on her

Torn between bbs rs and rf. i know some people say that it's been done loads of times but I just think vw and bbs is a match made in heaven, think if I got something else I will regret it in the long run. You don't see so many rf's so that's what's pulling towards those but rs are just classic

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to get a few more things done in the few hours of daylight and in between bad weather over the past week or so, managed to fit one side of the rear coilovers after a struggle to get the lower bolt off, was a pita getting the new nut on as the bolt kept knocking the nut out of the clip. Ended up cross threading one new nut so can't do the other side until I get another new bolt. Started working on a few jobs on the front this evening, replaced the tie rod ends and replaced the lower nuts and bolts on the coilovers with new on.

New tie rods on

equ8azyb.jpg

New bolts, got a thing for replacing bolts ATM lol

e6ymusad.jpg

Got bored this evening and as most of the interior is out at the moment so decided to give the rear seats and the plastics a good all over clean while I can get to all the hard to get to places and the bits that are inaccessible while fitted in the car, looking forward to getting it all back in :)

ujysaja5.jpg

• 1 month later...

Not updated this for a while, since my last post I've changed both tie rod ends, ball joints, fitted the last of the new coilovers, adjusted the play in the rear wheel bearings, fitted the interior back in and also managed to give the car a quick wash this evening

3yjygu9y.jpgqubury9u.jpgavyduvap.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the last few bits for the mot over the past few weeks, replaced rear abs sensors and have the front ones a clean, abs light was still in so plugged it into snap on and was coming up with the rear abs sensors and front near side so wiped the faults and took her for mot on Thursday. Failed at first due to weak near side headlight, offside head light too high, dreaded abs light came back on and was picking up too much air on the emmisions test due to shagged Pcv valve. Quick tinker with the off sides earth connection to the bulb, set the headlights, bit of hosing to bodge the Pcv valve and wiped the abs codes again and I was out of there with no advisories :) so been having a bit of fun last few days after a while with the vr sat upu4ususab.jpg

Quick pic while down by the sea this morning

• 1 month later...

While since I've updated this so here goes... Got some new rims for her, rs035 and rs037

tudedehy.jpg

Also been buying a few odd bits which where waiting for me when I got down to my parents this weekend, was like a kid at Christmas!

hy5u2ena.jpg

Haven't seen my parents for a while so didn't want to be too anti social but did manage to fit the rims...

8a7uqy3y.jpg

...got to love a bit of poke! :)

And brake fluid resevior cap, certainly beats the old knackered one and instantly made the bay look a bit fresher, not bad for 5 seconds labour!! Cheers calico for the cap!

upa4azym.jpg

And this is it's new home for the mean while, plan at the minute is to leave it there, stock up with the bits it needs and give it a proper overhaul over the winter, but we'll see how long that lasts as I'll probably miss it to much and go and fetch it back at some point

byqy9y9y.jpg

Sent from your mums iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went down to cornwall a couple of weeks ago, took the vr for a short spin, gave it a bit of a clean, fitted front amber indicators and managed to start sanding down my obd1 rocker cover.

7enejy9y.jpg

Before

3e6y2a2u.jpg

Couple of hours later...

vyjene3a.jpg

Still got a long way off getting a decent polish on it but will be well worth it. Hoping to get down this weekend to do a bit more

Sent from your mums iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Was down cornwall for a long weekend, didn't get too much done, as wanted to spend some time with my dog and family but did manage to take the vr out for a couple of spins as it may be my last oppertunity until next year and it will be sorn again at the end of the month so needed to hear that roar a few last times before she got put to bed for a while. Apart from that I managed a bit more polishing on my spare rocker cover and put the hella all reds which I'm really pleased with how they look on the car

All reds on

a2epynuv.jpg

Looking good in the sun before a quick drive

a3ama4e3.jpg