• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While since I've updated this so here goes... Got some new rims for her, rs035 and rs037 Also been buying a few odd bits which where waiting for me when I got down to my parents this weekend, was lik

Was down cornwall for a long weekend, didn't get too much done, as wanted to spend some time with my dog and family but did manage to take the vr out for a couple of spins as it may be my last oppertu

Sneak preview of my new interior. Hopefully may get the chance over Xmas to do a few bits on the car, got so many parts and jobs piling up now! Sent from your mums iPhone using Tapatalk

where I'm stopping myself buying stuff I'm not looking on eBay much and was looking through the prices some of the stuff I had been watching went for a set off bbs e87 in mint condition with a starting bid off £100 had gone with no bids! Even with the £100 postage would have been a steal

• 1 month later...

Nothing much too add, still saving up for a couple of bits but have added a couple of bits to the parts pile ready for the over haul. Did manage a few hours of sanding away at the spare rocker cover, still a long way off though but still, it's a bit of progress 3c71773aea3fe0adc5a28e0342cb2c10.jpg

Sent from your mums iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Polishing parts does take a long while,

But it's worth it in the end :)

Good tip,

When finished sanding, clean it down,

Then heat it with either a heat gun, or put it in front of a heater on max for 20-30 mins.

So when you put the polishing compound on, it melts turning in to a liquid, this stops the rubbing marks while putting the compound on when cold, also because the metal is nice and hot it's slightly softer so easier to polish. Plus it removes all the compound, doesn't leave little stubborn spots like when it's cold.

Sound like it's going to be looking very nice by next spring. :D

Edited by c00k

Cheers for that info c00k, still a long way off compound, still haven't finished off the course grit yet, trouble with living 200+ miles away from my car lol, hopefully that will be changing in the new year so I can spend an hour or so each evening doing bits and, yeh, hopefully, looking forward to getting everything built up and put together and start going to a few shows again :)

• 1 month later...

Managed to do a few things over the Christmas holidays. Was hoping to do a lot more but I had to have my dog put to sleep on Monday so that put everything to a halt :( managed to get the seats in and the door cards. Not sure if I prefer it with my old leather door cards or the new alcantara ones yet though. 95eababa36bfb70df1e93087d35a4ec8.jpgf70cac59098842dde54538cd1b05c56c.jpg174c8a48cfbfe4c5cc684130a42f231d.jpg

Think I may end up dying the alcantara a bit darker shade of red too.

Also fitted my black sun visors and black passat grab handles. f94c5dc5ffc65cc9bfc09864705bc8e2.jpg

a285f599f11f3f42895dd7b280c363a8.jpg

Not sure why I bothered fitting it all as its all going to have to come out again, just itching to see how it looks I guess.

Also managed to source and pick up some lc9z wings as mine where totally rotten which was a shame as the rest of the paint work on mine was awesome. e4e1eb1af3ded457f95a96cc7dee24fb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...