Organising Regional / Local Meets

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers mate spot on , should be ok for that supposed to be at scooby clinic day before , but will just give that a miss ,

A while ago, we had members who arranged local meets in different areas on a monthly basis and this was great for getting more people getting involved with the club and also attending our bigger meets

Sorry it's Krispy creme not dunkin doughnuts Doh !! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krispy Creme, the only donuts made from truffle oil! They cost a fortune and taste shit.

However I could possibly be up for the meet :D

They don't cost a fortune at tescos, pick up a Krispy kreme, go to self scan then scan it in as a tescos jam donut ;) but I Agree they don't taste that good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are setting up a meet guys then can I suggest to create a new post just specific for that event?

I can also look into opening up our calendar for planning these regional meets which automatically creates a forum post like I've done with club events.

I'll also be installing a map solution so we can see where other members are on an interactive map with drop pins for our members locations :)

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Drop pins sound good, be interesting to see how many vr's there are your area Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members Map is now online! so advise to pop over and enter your location so everyone knows where each other is located, it will also make it easier for organizing local meets and events :)

http://www.vr6oc.com/forum/membermap/

I will look at making it work so it will pull the information from your "Location" field in your profile in due course but for now you will to add your location manually.

Pete

• 5 months later...

A guide to organizing local meets:

If there is not a local meet in your area and you would like to help get involved and organise one, then we have some helpful tips for you :)

1) Choose a region / area you would to cover.

2) Identify a car / meet friendly location (check with owners if small meets are ok) pubs have always been popular as can meet up for a beer / food!

3) Choose a re-occurring date (perhaps first or last Sunday of the month or an evening during the week).

4) Use our members map to see other members who are in the area you wish to cover and contact them to get them involved  http://www.vr6oc.com/forum/membermap

5) Create a forum post with all the details (location, time, who's going etc...), keep it updated and promote your meet.

6) Get Social! Why not post your meet on the VR6OC Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1394826800737154/) or create your own group and keep people engaged in the meet and it makes it easier to welcome other people to your local meet! :)

Hope this helps, if anyone else has any top tips then get sharing :)

Pete

• 7 months later...