C2 Motorsports - Vortech charger Parts in uk. PLS READ!!

Well I have just been called by chris in C2 Motorsports, and he would be very interested in dealing with the UK, to provide a quality product, from a bolt to a full blown Vortech v1or v2 supercharger kits.

the problem in the uk is that if u want a part for a kit, people are very relunctant to sell u just a piece of a kit. We are also getting charged an arm and a leg..i.e. a grand for injectors and a pulley.

He is also intested in talking to vince at stealth racing about distributing parts, (i mentioned him because he is a reputable person that has helped us no end).

Some of his kit is here:

http://www.vdubn.com/products/vortechpartsindex.htm

Also mentioned that we have a problem with the turbo kits in that most are designed for lhd vehicles. He is thinking of picking up a rhd vehicle to design a kit.

Also have talked about the chips and the problems with the differences in fuel and said that he would be willing to let someone try his chips for free to see how they work on forced induction vehicles.

The supercharging kits in the US only use one sided belts i.e. ribbed on one side, that is why US kits machine the aircon tensioner pulley to get rid of the groves as the belt they use does not have ribs on that side. What is your experience with the uk kits, i.e. do we have double sided ribbed belts?

We are trying to gather information on what people need and pricing

Hopefully be able to get quality kit at a good price for us dubbers. :)

Finally - the is the answer to my prayers!! If only you knew the hassle I have to get parts!! If this guy is good - then I'll be ordering parts from him asap!! The 15psi pulley looks really tempting - reckon that would easily give me over 400bhp!! I'm saying that because I'm running 8.5psi at the mo - the 10psi wheel is supposed to give 350bhp.....yum yum!

[ Edited Mon Mar 22 2004, 06:57PM ]

I've always struggled to get a 7-rib replacement belt. Mind you my idler has a ridge in it which means a 7-rib wont sit flush on it anyway. I'm currently running a 5-rib belt - logic says it shouldn't be as good - but as it did 317bhp on the rr day, it seems to be ok at the mo.

I need bigger injectors and a remap if I did mate.

I've not took much advice on it to be truthful yet. My charger only seems to be giving me 5psi as opposed to the 'advertised' 6psi.

I'm not really much bothered cus my car still ran an identical 1/4 mile time to my mate who has a stripped out mk2 VR6 with the Stage 2 z-engineering kit (8psi) so I seem to be running quite well..

I'm not desperate to inject more boost just yet. Thanks for the link. :)