We have a Fabia VRS that is murder for condensation, car is two years old! Anyway it would seem it is quite normal so to overcome the issue I have bought these, they are fantastic and reusable. 

They are basically a couple of bags of silica gel in a net bag, leave them in the car and your condensate problem goes away, when they are saturated you can heat them on a radiator or in the oven or microwave to dry them out, then use them again.

Seems to have disappeared off Ebay though.....  http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/divemr    I will photograph what i have to give you an idea

I find that leaving the windows open a crack cures it. It seems to happen in mine after the engine / aircon is off, and I've got out, so I wondered if it's moisture in the heater pipes condensing as everything cools.

Also has vRS with same problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Also got terrible condensation usually my boot glass and rear drivers side window. My boot floor and all up behind the plastics etc always seems to be wet as well would this just be the moisture dripping down from the glass?

Tried 3 different sets of rear lights so i know its not that, and pretty sure there is no holes in the boot floor, any suggestions on how to stop it?

What has mostly solved it for me is keeping the blowers on dash and feet and if it's especially bad one day have the sunroof on tilt aswell to exhaust the warm moist air. I can park the car for weeks and it won't mist up so it's definitely not leaking, it's all brought in by my wet shoes and wet swim shorts and gym clothes etc. this method pretty much works 100% for me making sure no moist air is trapped in the car. My A3 does it the same too which is much newer so I used to think it was just older cars but don't anymore.

• 10 months later...

Hi mattvr6 and others, I've just replaced the gaskets on my taillights and get no steaming up now. I know you say there's no water in the boot, but these tail light seals are nearly always compressed and/or split on cars as old as ours. I did a write-up on replacing them and you can see the state of the original seals in the pics: http://myquickfix.co.uk/2014/12/replacing-golf-vr6-mk3-rear-light-seals-fixing-a-leaking-boot/