Converting a automatic to a manual box

• 2 months later...

The automatic gearbox has its own ecu for learning the way you drive think its under the rear seat but not 100% sure.You will need pedals clutch master etc. Not heard of anybody actually doing it but a few people have asked. If it were me I would swap the loom from a manual into it but that's obviously quite a lot of work unless you were doing a respray at the same time, unless your shell is 100% I would think of selling and buying a manual

Edited by CALICO
  • 11 months later...

It's a very simple swop I've done it. And several others have. No need to swop a loom it's literally as easy as soldering two wires together off of the relay at the top of relay panel and putting 2 wires from the relay panel to the new reverse light switch and wiring them in to the reverse light wire off the same relay. If I can do it anyone can! I bagged up the auto box connectors in the engine bay. And removed the auto ecu. The hardest part is the pedal box install and even that's not that hard as all the holes for the clutch master are in the bulk head you just remove the rubber grommets.