• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This arrived yesterday thanks to major lucky. So starting to collect parts for turbo conversion.

Nice to see some1 spending the time and money sorting it instead of just breaking it :-) good on ya chap ;-) Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bonnet and roof now painted pics came out crap using a old iPhone. Before During And after

Posted Images

I paid 100 and got k+n induction kit with maf spare isv pair if bumpers and the wheels and few other bits and bobs. Turns out my cousins wife used to have a vr6 years ago and their shed was full if bits. As for the tyres completely lucky that someone bought a car from the showroom next door and wanted new tyres so I got the old ones with plenty of life left in.

That's a canny little deal Mate. When it comes to tyres I've got a mate who works at kwik fit next to mine who has a little stash of tyres and they just so happen to be the sizes I run lol

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Can't beat having friends like that. I jut got let down by my mate who was supposed to refurb my wheels so now I have I learn how paint. Hoping the car will be sorted in time for Pickering show as I used to live there so it's an excuse to catch up with old mates.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a small update I have finally had half hour to myself and my new air sander arrived. So I locked myself in the garage after work and made a start on the prep work. post-93042-13963878761_thumb.jpg

Will take a while as I only get half hour if that to work on it. But bit by bit it will get there.

Edited by Reaperx
  • 3 weeks later...

Was thinking of building it with the 2.9 but trying not to go mad with cost. I'm hoping for around 300bhp if possible so I won't have to change bottom end or gearbox. It was a cheap car to begin with and plan on keeping it that way before I end up thousands in debt trying to build a 600bhp+ monster

I think next up for me is a spacer gasket and arp head bolts then I can at least crack on with the build whilst I'm waiting. One thing I was wondering is what do I need to do to the motor. Can I just use standard cams I haven't really got a clue when it comes to the specific parts needed in order to turbo it. The only experience I have with fitting turbo is changing them over on vans and cars but that's just direct swap like for like.

Edited by Reaperx
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So the bonnet had a reaction due to some dust and crap getting into from the roof and had to be redone. So ended up buying a gazebo to rectify the problem

post-93042-140699491198_thumb.jpg

post-93042-140699493446_thumb.jpg

Slowly getting there as I have only got a couple of hours on a Saturday to work on it may take a while.

When doing a turbo conversion, do you have to change to forged con rods and pistons, change crank etc or just head spacer, exhaust mani and strap the turbo on? If I did go this route I wouldn't be looking for silly power, just a kick in the VR's pants lol!