My hot chilli mk3 build

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A little bit of an update. Started pulling all the auxiliary stuff off my 2.8 block cleaned and painted some bits and polished my alternator up. Put my new oil cooler on my 2.9 block and bolted the au

Well the day eventually came yesterday. She's alive. I couldn't believe she fired up first time on the button. I thought we'd have a right fuck on lol. engine all wired and plumbed in well apart from

Then I built it back up and flattened it back and my mate machine polished it then to nice and shiney Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've eventually started stripping my 2.9 lump down to reveal the head gasket was just starting to go. So the head is off nowavamuruj.jpg just need to strip it down and get it skimmed and put it all back together and drop it in the car B)

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Well the part numbers for the heads are exactly the same so the only difference is the cams. Well I'm still using this for my turbo build but I'm gonna put it in the car first. Then I'm gonna build the 2.8 back up and sell it on and the money I get will be going towards my turbo build B)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Liking the block colour what did you use? Looks like brand new !

It's a high temp exhaust paint mate I think it's colour is aluminum or something. It looks good in the flesh too mate I happy the way it has turned out. Just need to get it built up now

• 3 weeks later...

Well a little update as I haven't done one for a while. I eventually built my 2.9 head up today. I never wanna lap another valve in again in my life9aqubaqy.jpgy5upa7yb.jpg[url=[url="[url="http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/26/ta3asanu.jpg] and decided to paint my inlet manifold yvada5yj.jpg just need to get the head on the block and in the car now

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by daveyboy

The inlet came out better than I thought it might. I painted it body colour and gloss black. It needs flattened and polished yet but I'll do that when I get the engine in the car which will be as soon as possible

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

The inlet came out better than I thought it might. I painted it body colour and gloss black. It needs flattened and polished yet but I'll do that when I get the engine in the car which will be as soon as possible

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Mine should be coming off soon hopefully might give it a go myself. Would the paint not crack or peel with the heat in the bay.