My hot chilli mk3 build

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A little bit of an update. Started pulling all the auxiliary stuff off my 2.8 block cleaned and painted some bits and polished my alternator up. Put my new oil cooler on my 2.9 block and bolted the au

Well the day eventually came yesterday. She's alive. I couldn't believe she fired up first time on the button. I thought we'd have a right fuck on lol. engine all wired and plumbed in well apart from

Then I built it back up and flattened it back and my mate machine polished it then to nice and shiney Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Yeah it was split at the oil cooler end. No wonder I was using a bit of water. The cooler was knackered too. I hate it when you need more parts especially on a weekend when there's nowhere open when you've started the job.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

There's a 2.9 lump about 10 minutes away from me but I think the head gasket is gone on that too so I'm debating weather to take the risk and hope that it's in better condition than mine or just try and get mine sorted. It's all about time and money at the minute. I'm gonna get the 2.9 anyway for my turbo build but like I say it's all about time and money before ultimate dubs. Ahh my heads battered :(

Well got the head all stripped of its cams, lifters, valve springs and valves last night whilst locking myself in my parents garage which was a bit of a twat as I needed the toilet and had to wait 45 minutes for them to get in from work lol. Any how I'll have it off the my local engineering place today to see if he can sort it. Fingers crossed. marebype.jpgybumumy3.jpgehehuqyn.jpg