My hot chilli mk3 build

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A little bit of an update. Started pulling all the auxiliary stuff off my 2.8 block cleaned and painted some bits and polished my alternator up. Put my new oil cooler on my 2.9 block and bolted the au

Well the day eventually came yesterday. She's alive. I couldn't believe she fired up first time on the button. I thought we'd have a right fuck on lol. engine all wired and plumbed in well apart from

Then I built it back up and flattened it back and my mate machine polished it then to nice and shiney Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Well got a little done today. Got my coilovers with a bit of butchery to get the old shocks off pics will follow and got the bits I painted last week lacquered and I'm quite impressed with myself as it's the first time I've painted with a proper paint gun. I usually used rattle tins. Just need to get my highline rear quarter cards in and decat on then give it a good clean for VW festival next weekend

Strut nuts seized in zuzypa3e.jpg

Angle grinder out 6uzaby8u.jpg

Problem solved lol 6age4azy.jpg

Freshly lacquered bits ugyzeje3.jpgybe2u7yh.jpg

And polo 6n mirror's5eharasa.jpg

Sweet, be good to see some pics, undecided weather to change mine or not as I think the oem mirrors kind of suit the golf . Luckily my mums got a cracked 6n2 stubby tht I've got a replacement for so when I get round to replacing hers I'll give the cracked one a quick spray and put it on mine and see what if I think it's an improvement, try before you buy :)

Not much of an update as the rain sort of fucked things up for me today. But I got my highline quarter cards in, my new deep chin spoiler on the front bumper put everything back on the car that I'd painted but never got round to fitting my Polo 6n mirror's coz it the rain I might get a chance to get them done through the week depending on when I get home

• 3 weeks later...

Well a little update. Decided to have a fiddle about to see if these polo 6n mirror's will go on. I've had to oval 2 of the mirror post holes on the door and I started to grind back the front of the alloy base plate on the mirror 480d14dbc3746ff74c2cbf0bd6adf2dc.jpg32fd4cbedbcfe6da586c3a1022d354cf.jpg I need to take a little more off the mirror base and oval the holes a little more then they should fit nice

Edited by daveyboy
  • 5 weeks later...

Well this isn't a good updated the VR is rattling it's tits off on the top end by the sound of if. I got in at work today to come home and it's was fine then a rattle appeared at about 3000rpm then it progressively got worse. So its gonna have to wait till the weekend now so I can investigate

Well started stripping the engine to try and find my horrible top end knock. a596498694b7398d9b0afdce3519472c.jpg I was hoping to find something really obvious as you could feel it through the rocker when it was knocking. It didn't knock all the time but when it did it felt like something was hitting the rocker cover oh and also done this while taking the plug leads off 94666f78fd02203b5cc991eb8564b4a5.jpg I'm not having a good day so far

• 7 months later...