My hot chilli mk3 build

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A little bit of an update. Started pulling all the auxiliary stuff off my 2.8 block cleaned and painted some bits and polished my alternator up. Put my new oil cooler on my 2.9 block and bolted the au

Well the day eventually came yesterday. She's alive. I couldn't believe she fired up first time on the button. I thought we'd have a right fuck on lol. engine all wired and plumbed in well apart from

Then I built it back up and flattened it back and my mate machine polished it then to nice and shiney Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Posted Images

A little bit of an update. Started pulling all the auxiliary stuff off my 2.8 block cleaned and painted some bits and polished my alternator up. Put my new oil cooler on my 2.9 block and bolted the auxiliaries on too. Then I flattened and polished my inlet manifold and it came out lovely post-91277-140165072788_thumb.jpgpost-91277-140165072788_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

post-91277-140165074192_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I had a couple of hours to tinker on the golf today so I got all of the mounts bolted down most of the plumbing and wiring done lower inlet and injectors bolted in exhaust manifolds bolted up then I remove all of the air con pipes. I used one of the hockey pucks on the front mount to raise the sump a bit vypesuvy.jpg then I put my upper inlet on to make sure the bonnet would close with the engine lifted a bit and I could just get a finger between them but the front end isn't on so the bonnet sat lower than normal

hydademe.jpg

Just need to sort out where im gonna put my oil catch can now

Edited by daveyboy
  • 4 weeks later...

Well the day eventually came yesterday. She's alive. I couldn't believe she fired up first time on the button. I thought we'd have a right fuck on lol.

ry3e7y3u.jpg engine all wired and plumbed in well apart from the radiator. All the air con system removed too so if anyone needs a compressor or pipes I've got so that I'll sell a3ydaden.jpg

Just need to paint my head light cover and my engine cover and job done. Well apart from tax and mot but that's not a problem

Edited by daveyboy

Well the car is re insured through prestige this time as they were cheaper than Chris knott this year although it's went up a bit. £434.95 fully comp with all mods and points declared so hopefully it'll be mot'd Saturday and taxed