My hot chilli mk3 build

We'll I think its about time I started a build thread since I've been on here a couple of years now and my mk3 has been on the road for about 6 months lol.

Here goes. I bought the car as a project back in Christmas 2011 with the title on gumtree being Golf VR6 in need of tlc. I rang The Guy asked him a few questions and to be fair he was fairly honest and him knocking £100 off it as I was coming from Newcastle to Dewsbury sweetened the deal a little so I thought it'd be rude not to have a look. When we got there everything as the lad described was fairly accurate, a nice big dent in the drivers door which he had a spare to go with the car, a little crease on the drivers side rear arch, clutch starting to slip and a misfire. I had a good look round it and it seemed solid enough so I took it out for a test drive came back and started the haggling lol ;) (I like a bit barter lol) and to cut a long story short i got the lad down from his initial £800 price in the advert down to £700 before I left to have a look then from there I took my first mk3 VR6 away for a tidy £420 lol bargain of the century for me as I knew how little the Work really needed to have it running and lookin spot on again.

I got it Home and started with the misfire, one set of dubpower ht leads off a Guy on here for £25 and that problem was sorted as the old leads were arching out against the head. Next was the body work that me and a mate sorted out over the period of a year or so lol. It would of been quicker but I kept changing my mind about things lol so it went from painting the replacement drivers and having a bit of arch welded in to having the lights taken out of the front bumper, filled and smoothed aswell as the swadge line smoothed obviously the back bumper was smoothed too then the tailgate badge and wiper mount cut out plated and smoothed then totally frenched to boot then two new front wings then removing the plastic side skirts to eventually a full respray lol. I think at this point my mate hated me lol but it turned out lovely in the end and got my mate back into painting as he's time served but left the body repair industry a few years back to become a fat trucker like me lol. Any way that's all for now and I'll get my build picks up asap ;)

Edited by daveyboy
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A little bit of an update. Started pulling all the auxiliary stuff off my 2.8 block cleaned and painted some bits and polished my alternator up. Put my new oil cooler on my 2.9 block and bolted the au

Well the day eventually came yesterday. She's alive. I couldn't believe she fired up first time on the button. I thought we'd have a right fuck on lol. engine all wired and plumbed in well apart from

Then I built it back up and flattened it back and my mate machine polished it then to nice and shiney Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Looks really good hopefully I can get mine to look as tidy as yours.

You'll get there mate. All in all it took me and my mate a year and a half to get all the bodywork sorted and get it all back together and on the road. We were just working the odd weekend here and there on it as we both work shifts and only have 1 decent weekend out of 3 to spend some decent time on it.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Tell me about it mate I need to put an oil cooler on mine but I'm always on with my wife's mates or my mate's cars lol luckily enough I've just bought another bargain from my wife's mate. A Peugeot 206 just a 1.2 but that'll be my winter Car lol. Couldn't knock it back for £130. I need to put a clutch in it but that came with the car and the best bit about it is it came with a full tank of fuel lol I think I've scored with this one lol ;D

^ Exactly the problem I have! Had mine in the workshop well over a month now and I'm still welding up bits of rust! Hope my repaint doesn't take 18 months though! I'm hoping 6 months,that was definitely a bargain at £420! Got any more plans for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I say it only took that length of time because of the shifts we work and the weather and having to spend time with our families lol.

I've went on to put full black colour concept leather in it, a full custom magnaflow stainless exhaust and an induction kit and coilovers on. The future plans are upgrade my brakes get another bare engine strip it and rebuild it ready for a turbo and turn the car to a VRT ;D

Liking the sound of your plans, already looks good and will go like a rocket with a turbo on it. Good luck with the Peugeot might be worth checking the clutch cable on it.I have had a few customers complain of clutch going and turned out to be the cable on peugeots as the teeth inside the adjuster wear down over time and the cable doesn't pull the arm all the way back on the box.

• 2 weeks later...

Well went to do the oil cooler and discovered I should of got 2 new water pipes as the one from the cooler to the block was split and the one from the cooler to the crack pipe wasn't much better so I've had to leave it like this nu2a4uge.jpg

Edited by daveyboy