Are you a lurker?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi my names Dave and I'm a pervert........... Oh shit wrong site lol Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Hi, just not long signed up to the forum so I'm not a lurker yet haha, I do tend to be on forums though! Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and here are a few pictures of my car! Sent from my GT-I93

Are you a long time reader, or what is known as a lurker? Why not say hello, introduce yourself and perhaps post some photos of your car? We don't bite, and are a friendly bunch as you probably alr

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Hi im new and i wouldn't call myself a lurker but im looking forward to being part of a group and sharing my knowledge and experience. i do have to confess i don't have a VR6 nor do i have a VW but i do have a mk2 Ibiza which is strictly a 6n polo basically and i will do doing a vr6 conversion in march once i have my mates s14 out of the workshop.. just wanted to say hello :)

been on here for 4 days now and already feel very welcome so thank you guys!!

will be putting a thread up when the build starts and i have put a few feelers out about a couple of potential problems i already have....

thanks Matt

Edited by mambrose

Hi im new and i wouldn't call myself a lurker but im looking forward to being part of a group and sharing my knowledge and experience. i do have to confess i don't have a VR6 nor do i have a VW but i do have a mk2 Ibiza which is strictly a 6n polo basically and i will do doing a vr6 conversion in march once i have my mates s14 out of the workshop.. just wanted to say hello :)

been on here for 4 days now and already feel very welcome so thank you guys!!

will be putting a thread up when the build starts and i have put a few feelers out about a couple of potential problems i already have....

thanks Matt

Hey your very welcome Matt. Looking forward to seeing your build thread mate. There's been some really good ones to date and it's alway interesting to see people's different views on things.

• 2 months later...

Are you a long time reader, or what is known as a lurker? :)

Why not say hello, introduce yourself and perhaps post some photos of your car?

We don't bite, and are a friendly bunch as you probably already know.

Engage and be part of a great community, you don't have to sit there just reading and not saying anything :D

If you have any questions etc... then just ask :D

well said pete no need to be shy :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone , I'm Elliot , currently lurking away in the shadows in Lancashire till my VR6 finds me.

After nearly 10 years of driving a 1.9 dci kangoo (work vehicle) I've realised my favourite car as a youth... mk3 golf vr6 is available for a fair price & my fine vintage age let's me insure one for less than the van ! !

I've been researching and viewing the classifieds for a few weeks now , trawling ebay , gumtree , autotrader and auctions , money is waiting , so is my car ... somewhere. 

Looked at a few but nothing has pulled on the heart strings yet.

Not fussed on 3 or 5 door , colour is irrelivant , model & trim , just not a auto and somthing pretty standard ...

Hopefully I will be posting as an owner in the next few days , weeks , months ... you can't rush a good thing !

If anyone spots one for sale in the Northwest area , a point in the right direction would be great.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice one pal ,if I keep it the next thing is to turbo or supercharger her.it's fairly nippy now but it needs more poke.

Don't forget what happens to people on here if they sell their VR after posting pics on the forum, hence the Cannon statement!

Give us a shout if you want any help on the FI build!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello there

I am a lurker I guess, recently purchased a V6 4motion to replace my 1.4 astra!! needless to say its so nice to be back in something with power. I wish I'd bought one ages ago however I got mine for silly money through a friend so was worth the wait. Its an x plater but it great condition, only 116k on it too. Want to keep it stock for now and get it up to high standard before modifying. I'm 32 now with kids so my boy racing fast and furious days are long gone and want to keep it a sensible sleeper although seeing the turbo thread on here has got my mind thinking....which is dangerous. lol. Hope you guys will be able to help me with any questions as I continue to refresh my Golf :D .

Liam

klaus.jpg

Hello there

I am a lurker I guess, recently purchased a V6 4motion to replace my 1.4 astra!! needless to say its so nice to be back in something with power. I wish I'd bought one ages ago however I got mine for silly money through a friend so was worth the wait. Its an x plater but it great condition, only 116k on it too. Want to keep it stock for now and get it up to high standard before modifying. I'm 32 now with kids so my boy racing fast and furious days are long gone and want to keep it a sensible sleeper although seeing the turbo thread on here has got my mind thinking....which is dangerous. lol. Hope you guys will be able to help me with any questions as I continue to refresh my Golf  .

Liam

klaus.jpg.46194455e87755a0b2524154a58d3921.jpg

Hello mate and welcome to the club, looks like a nice tidy example, you do seem to get a hell of a lot of car for not much money with some of the V6 4motions!

and everything works aswell electrical and mechanical .It also helps that I work at a motor factors otherwise I may not have purchased it,im too sensible perhaps.The 204bhp seems adequate but they seem to take to turbocharging so well.What kind of budget would I need? im also very sceptical of ebay kits aswell .Might just stick to suspension and breathing mods for now methinks.

• 3 weeks later...