Are you a lurker?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi my names Dave and I'm a pervert........... Oh shit wrong site lol Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Hi, just not long signed up to the forum so I'm not a lurker yet haha, I do tend to be on forums though! Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and here are a few pictures of my car! Sent from my GT-I93

Are you a long time reader, or what is known as a lurker? Why not say hello, introduce yourself and perhaps post some photos of your car? We don't bite, and are a friendly bunch as you probably alr

Posted Images

Hah it's small alright, 280mm. Feels fantastic driving though, like a go kart! Wouldn't be able to do it without PAS though.

They're 16x8/9 et25/20. Only reps, but the upside is that they're multifit, both 4x100 and 5x100, so I won't need to buy new wheels/re-drill these when I convert from the 1.4 hubs to the VR ones.

Edited by MoRyan
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! I'm Matthew from Johannesburg South Africa, been a lurker for probably 5 years now so glad to have the opportunity to confess and join in on a thread at last! I have a 95 mk3 vr6, nothing fancy just a 5 door but of course she's the love of my life. In the process of diagnosing starting issues after I did a 2.9 swap, when she's clean and running I'll post a pic. Here's a pic of my other car getting some tlc in the mean time. (probably doesn't belong here but what the hell)

post-94099-0-80268400-1400833504_thumb.j

I´m not sure about being a lurker, since the translation in spanish it is not quite good, it is like being an stalker, all I can say is that I like to read on the forums and learn from others, get some ideas for my projects and specially, how to deal with common problems on the cars that I had own, I like to post when its necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

I´m not sure about being a lurker, since the translation in spanish it is not quite good, it is like being an stalker,

Don't worry mate, your Spanish translation is spot-on!

Hi all, I generally am a lurker but not on this site! Just found this in the past week since tracking down and agreeing to buy a '97 Golf VR6 Syncro Variant (estate) from the Motherland (where I live). I now understand that these 2.9L obd2 units are not the most common in the world (thanks to my lurking), so will be all the happier to own one (soon).

I'm currently torn to pieces with the decision of whether to keep this car stock or start on the slippery slope of modding. First things first though, I need to sign the paperwork, clean out a rust-patch or two, and get some photos posted here. With only 70k miles on the clock though (full VW service history), I feel this might end up remaining stock!

My VW flame ignited 13 years ago when I lived in California and owned a Corrado G60. It was the day my local mechanic located a gaping hole in a pipe between the supercharger and intake manifold (hole had been there since I bought it), replaced the pipe for a few $$ and handed me back 50% more horses than I drove in with... never smiled so much in my life! Now I'm a John Hancock away from VR6 ownership (something I've dreamed of since owning the G60) and looking forward to getting the smile back.

Living in Germany I'm not going to be a familiar face, but I love the passion and insight of VW owners and hope to be relatively active in the Forums at least.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I found myself more of a "lurker" on the UK MKIV forums, didn't get much response so its easy to appear when you need something and disappear when not  :o 

Ive been on that type of forums before Ben. Half of them resemble a ghost town and members speak when spoken to. Haha.

That's not the case here mate. It's bursting with sychopathic enthusiasts that you'll never shut up. Lol

I'm one of them I think. Haha.

Enjoy your time here mate.