Are you a lurker?

Are you a long time reader, or what is known as a lurker? :)

Why not say hello, introduce yourself and perhaps post some photos of your car?

We don't bite, and are a friendly bunch as you probably already know.

Engage and be part of a great community, you don't have to sit there just reading and not saying anything :D

If you have any questions etc... then just ask :D

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi my names Dave and I'm a pervert........... Oh shit wrong site lol Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Hi, just not long signed up to the forum so I'm not a lurker yet haha, I do tend to be on forums though! Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and here are a few pictures of my car! Sent from my GT-I93

Are you a long time reader, or what is known as a lurker? Why not say hello, introduce yourself and perhaps post some photos of your car? We don't bite, and are a friendly bunch as you probably alr

Posted Images

Aye caught

My name's Ally an I'm a Lurker, personally I've been called worse 

I've been using your site on and off for a good few years now but only recently became a member oh and its great.

At the moment I'm in the process of converting my mk2 and heres a few photos.

The engine is a 2.9 with Vortech V2 charger strapped to it.

Hope to post more pics up as I go along.post-93531-0-79289900-1386720262_thumb.jpost-93531-0-15992300-1386720334_thumb.j

Good to see your lurkers 'fessin up :)

Don't worry we will support you through these lonely times, feel free to get posting some stuff like build / journal threads, helping out others and the likes, you'll soon be past the noob level 1 :) :)

Anymore people needing the big VR6OC arm extending out to help you on the path of awesomeness?

Club Chairman

I must be a lurker , or a step under that! My name is Bill. I've been into vws since the early 70"s, Bought a 2003 vr6 after working on one for a friend. I was so impressed by the power I thought I had to have one.

I also have a vw syncro that I was going too use as parts car for the suspension for a MGA project. A guy that rents half of my garage didnt tell me how rare they are so now I'm debating the idea. This car is second owner from NC. and is all original, didnt mean that much to me. After my renter looked at it I dont think I can rip it apart.  So guess back to the drawing board on my MG.

I've been a welding fabricator all of my life and always enjoyed modifying anything I had, but for the most part worked on others stuff. Never took the time for my own stuff. Now it is time for me to have some fun.

Hope to hear and talk; to keep on the latest things.

I live in western Md. will  be taking more time on the site. Hope to learn and have some fun

Thanks

I must be a lurker , or a step under that! My name is Bill. I've been into vws since the early 70"s, Bought a 2003 vr6 after working on one for a friend. I was so impressed by the power I thought I had to have one.

I also have a vw syncro that I was going too use as parts car for the suspension for a MGA project. A guy that rents half of my garage didnt tell me how rare they are so now I'm debating the idea. This car is second owner from NC. and is all original, didnt mean that much to me. After my renter looked at it I dont think I can rip it apart.  So guess back to the drawing board on my MG.

I've been a welding fabricator all of my life and always enjoyed modifying anything I had, but for the most part worked on others stuff. Never took the time for my own stuff. Now it is time for me to have some fun.

Hope to hear and talk; to keep on the latest things.

I live in western Md. will  be taking more time on the site. Hope to learn and have some fun

Thanks

Wow Dude you must keep the syncro  (It's VR6OC law ;) )  ... rare as rocking horses mate... If you can save it pop on www.petrolicious.com/ and get yourself a video... OEM+ in my opinion is the way forwards there...

Keep us up to date and do a build thread... we will help out with contacts and support where ever we can.  Good luck and we're all looking forwards to the photos..trust us :)

:D

PS where is western MD?  (Excuse my ignorance ;) ).  If you are USA then there surely cannot be many at all over that side of the pond..?????

• 2 weeks later...

VR6Pete,

I have been a long time reader (lurker) for over 8 years. In the beginning it was due to me not owning a Vr6, than it was due to the displeasure gained at another forum (stayed away from forums for a while), and finally I relocated and began collecting firearms opposed to working on my car(s). It has been a long time coming, and honestly I don't think I would have become an active member if it wasn't for this "Are you a lurker?" topic lol. I commend you for bringing us "lurkers" out of the woodwork lol. Ok, enough rear end smooching; but seriously, you are a good admin who is actually active to his forum and that is appreciated.

rodney,

You guessed it right; Western, MD is in the USA and there are surely a shortage of Syncro's out here! Hopefully WWMMCC decidest to keep that treasure.

WWMMCC,

I am not sure where in Western, MD you are, but I am in Northern, VA which shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 hours(tops) from one another. Maybe we can get together for a cruise or something??

Ok, I think it is time for me to introduce myself in the welcome area. Thanks again VR6Pete.

• 4 weeks later...
VR6Pete,

I have been a long time reader (lurker) for over 8 years. In the beginning it was due to me not owning a Vr6, than it was due to the displeasure gained at another forum (stayed away from forums for a while), and finally I relocated and began collecting firearms opposed to working on my car(s). It has been a long time coming, and honestly I don't think I would have become an active member if it wasn't for this "Are you a lurker?" topic lol. I commend you for bringing us "lurkers" out of the woodwork lol. Ok, enough rear end smooching; but seriously, you are a good admin who is actually active to his forum and that is appreciated.

rodney,

You guessed it right; Western, MD is in the USA and there are surely a shortage of Syncro's out here! Hopefully WWMMCC decidest to keep that treasure.

WWMMCC,

I am not sure where in Western, MD you are, but I am in Northern, VA which shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 hours(tops) from one another. Maybe we can get together for a cruise or something??

Ok, I think it is time for me to introduce myself in the welcome area. Thanks again VR6Pete.

Thanks for the very kind words :) always have enjoyed the challenge of the club and engaging our community :)

Please do feel free to contribute to the forum and topics, don't be shy :)

Club Chairman

Hi Guys.

I think you can class me as a lurker I do jump on and take a read everyone and again. Having the Tapatalk app integration is a great help towards that.

This is my VR Highline which I've actually sold now waiting for collection.

ytu5azu8.jpgbyhe3ave.jpgera9u4ym.jpg

Was a reluctant sale but didn't have the space on the driveway.

This is the replacement - 3.2 DSG Audi

pyda2y4a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Guilty as charged... I've been lurking in the shadows for quite some time now, so it's time I stepped out into the light.. Ha! So here I am & here's my girl...

post-93796-139268071955_thumb.jpg

qu7yhy2a.jpgy7e9a4a7.jpgha9y6ate.jpgyrytyde2.jpg4e8u8uju.jpg9uzaza2y.jpg

I'm presently doing some more modifications & rebuilding the timing chains etc.. I hope to be back up n running by the summer, so maybe I can come n attend some events with you guys & get to know y'all better..

Edited by MK4motionVR6